Author Topic: RZ getting into GA  (Read 672 times)

Offline monopoly

• Numb
RZ getting into GA
« on: April 18, 2017, 01:52:21 PM »
Can anyone tell me their experience as a RZ holder. How was getting a GA rail spot outside of redzone? Do you go in at the same time as GA? Has anyone ever camped for RZ?

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
Re: RZ getting into GA
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 06:58:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can anyone tell me their experience as a RZ holder. How was getting a GA rail spot outside of redzone? Do you go in at the same time as GA? Has anyone ever camped for RZ?

If you're in RZ you can't access the GA area unless you hop the rail, and if you do that you risk getting thrown out. There are ushers all over the place in the RZ area to keep the GA people out so it's doubtful that you will get away with it, especially early on when people are just beginning to enter the venue. I don't recommend trying to poach GA with RZ tickets.

Yes, you typically go in at the same time as GA. RZ has a separate entrance though and the distance from the entrance to the RZ area is usually shorter than what GA has to deal with. It depends on the venue though.

I have never seen anyone camp out for RZ. Typically, 95% of the people who have RZ tickets show up later. The whole idea of RZ is to be able to show up late and not have to worry about getting a decent spot. The other 5% who HAVE to be on the rail will get in line early, but it's hardly worth it. From past experience, I have seen perhaps 4 people get in line early in the AM. By 10am there were maybe 8 people in line. By noon there were 10 people. The line didn't really start to grow after 3pm. Keep in mind that with RZ you're not talking about very many people to begin with so there isn't nearly as much competition like there is with GA. 

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 07:46:16 PM »
That's not true. There were RZ people in GA on the past two tours

Offline ozmodiar

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 10:41:21 PM »
No one is forcing RZ people to stay in the RZ section. During the i+e tour, the RZ line was supposed to enter several minutes after the GA line was let in so that GA people could pick their spots first, but that didn't always happen.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 04:42:39 AM »
RZ at the o2 on last tour was funny..it was a little cage on the floor and at one point during the show i stood with my back against that very cage that people had paid a fortune to stand in...

I moved a bit later for a better view as the band moved.

Offline peggy2ten

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 09:28:51 AM »
I did GA and RZ for 360.  GA inside the circle was way too crowded to move around so for the 2nd leg, did only RZ.  There was nothing to prevent you from going into GA for either tour.  For the last tour, we did 2 nights for RZ, but after seeing that RZ got in before GA, we decided to go directly to GA the 2nd night and got a rail spot in the middle (yes, I felt a bit guilty!)  For both tours, a RZ line formed several hours before doors opened - for 360, best spots were along the rail, furthest away from the main stage (still on the catwalk, but had a better view of the main stage).   As I'm a senior, I like a rail to lean on, so waited in line for that. 

I went for seats this time.  GA doesn't seem to have the barriers like previous tours to prevent everyone from crowding the main and B stages.  And without a circle/ellipse, RZ is too far away.  And, I'll be able to chill, have a nice dinner and walk in after the doors open without stressing about my spot.  When they go back to arenas, I'll probably go back to GA, especially if they do it like I&E - that was a great set up.

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 01:19:13 PM »
That's not true. There were RZ people in GA on the past two tours

Then they must have taken a left when they were supposed to take a right soon after they entered the venue (or something like that). I never thought about jumping the GA line with a RZ ticket, but some people obviously do it. In that case, the RZ line should be held for a minute or two after the GA line starts moving.

I had RZ tickets for the Levi's Stadium show, but I sold them to a friend after I decided to go with GA instead. I can get in line early that day so the extra $$$ for RZ isn't really worth it to me.

Offline d.darroch

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 05:05:40 AM »
Usually RZ goes in a few minutes after GA, but sometimes it's at the same time. Nobody would camp for RZ, that would be crazy. An hour or two before doors open would be good, for a rail spot.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • take the long way home
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 07:15:10 AM »
I misread the title as "RZA gets into GA". So disappointed.   :(