Author Topic: How angry were the band at Bono For this?  (Read 972 times)

Offline monopoly

• Numb
How angry were the band at Bono For this?
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:08:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Looks like a headache. If I was Edge, I'd have a freak out from all the people touching me. Guy steals a setlist at 0:35 lol
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:11:46 PM by monopoly »

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
Re: How angry were the band at Bono For this?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 05:07:29 PM »
Wow, I didn't know this happened and I sorta followed I+e tour.

I think people weren't really trying to touch Edge, Adam or Larry (they looked like casual fans who only cared about singing Bono). Good reminder not to try to touch or hug them. I'll just wave excitedly and grin at them if I ever get to see them up close.

I'm sure band+crew were royally pi**ed. Though crew can't show it or do anything about it.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 05:15:45 AM »
I think we discussed this at the time on the MB.  There were a few SoI gigs when Bono invited large numbers of people on the stage but it didn't work out as people wanted to take photos rather than just engage in the moment of intimacy and connection with the concert.  It was a pity it didn't work out as it was a very nice and democratic idea.  Here it is happening more successfully back in the 80s before the advent of camera-phones: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • It won't be long now...
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 05:28:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think we discussed this at the time on the MB.  There were a few SoI gigs when Bono invited large numbers of people on the stage but it didn't work out as people wanted to take photos rather than just engage in the moment of intimacy and connection with the concert.  It was a pity it didn't work out as it was a very nice and democratic idea.  Here it is happening more successfully back in the 80s before the advent of camera-phones: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What a fun video, il_capo. It's a shame people can't always have such fun, instead of being
idiots onstage...to be given such an opportunity, and to spoil it, as in the op's vid.

Offline opening night

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 10:42:21 AM »
This was a massive danger to the people on stage and crew under the stage because the stage was said to not hold that amount of heavy weight. Rest of band, crew and mgmt. were in fact totally pi**ed!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 11:42:13 AM »
This was a massive danger to the people on stage and crew under the stage because the stage was said to not hold that amount of heavy weight. Rest of band, crew and mgmt. were in fact totally pi**ed!
I was there that night by the e stage. The weight was my first thought after the band's safety. Venue security staff was very unhappy and I imagine so were some of U2's.

Offline DerekBarnett

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 10:15:39 AM »
Looked like Dallas was about to have a coronary with people getting close to Edge's foot pedal bank.

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • It won't be long now...
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 11:40:33 AM »
Looked like Dallas was about to have a coronary with people getting close to Edge's foot pedal bank.
Don't blame him a bit...