Author Topic: Who do you think is aging well?  (Read 1156 times)

Offline bullettheblue

• Babyface
Who do you think is aging well?
« on: April 23, 2017, 07:48:38 AM »
I think Larry and Edge have aged exceptionally well, and then Adam. Bono, however, seems to have aged faster than the other guys. He has quite deep wrinkles. I assume this due to smoking/drinking. I still adore them all, of course.

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Who do you think is aging well?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 05:29:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think Larry and Edge have aged exceptionally well, and then Adam. Bono, however, seems to have aged faster than the other guys. He has quite deep wrinkles. I assume this due to smoking/drinking. I still adore them all, of course.
I think Bono has aged well compared to the general population.  But also like you Edge and Larry are getting better with age.  They both look better now than when they were young I think.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 06:06:51 PM »
I think Edge and Adam are looking great.  Their looks have refined and they actually look better now than when they were young. 

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 11:43:47 PM »
Bono ain't doing well especially with those circular glasses, just makes it worse. Adams seem to have gotten better and is in pretty damn good shape. Edge and Larry don't change too much besides some wrinkles

Offline dublinireland

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 12:52:21 AM »
nice to hear someone else doesn't like those round sunglasses. can't stand them, so not cool! bring back the all black ones. and no bedazzled sunglasses or gold/silver thingies on the sides.
hate to say it but I'm always surprised by how old bono and adam look. especially bono.

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 04:31:25 AM »
I thought the same about the glasses, but I was reading an article that said they are back in style so I guess he's ahead of the curve on fashion who knew?  I'm still not a fan of them though. 

I have aged way worse then Bono I'm no one to judge lol He was smoking hot on the first Joshua Tree tour

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 08:45:42 AM »
Hmm...depends on the time period. Everyone looked great up and including Zoo TV years. Then I'd say Bono aged a little when Pop came around. Then circa Atomic Bomb Edge and Larry started showing some wrinkles, which has continued until this day. Adam while losing the glasses/eye surgery helps with his long-term mantle of the oldest-looking member in the band, the grey hair doesn't.

And it has to be said the change for Larry in the last two or so years has been staggering. From this You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to this You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login -- what happened ?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 12:06:57 PM by xy »

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 10:01:51 AM »
I thought the same about the glasses, but I was reading an article that said they are back in style so I guess he's ahead of the curve on fashion who knew?  I'm still not a fan of them though. 

Oh, they for sure are back in style. They just only look good on some people. Bono just can't pull them or the blonde hair off.

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 10:06:47 AM »

Oh, they for sure are back in style. They just only look good on some people. Bono just can't pull them or the blonde hair off.
confession I have some that are black and clip on to my glasses and I often wonder if I'm pulling off the look too lol.  Yeah how old am I that I have clip on sunglasses.  Mine are rectangle not round.  I young girl at the office liked them it made my day.  I have blue eyes and I cannot go without sunglasses.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 07:47:36 AM »
Bono was so smoking hot in the JT era that it was unreal.  Some of us, as we age, haven't had so far to fall. ;p

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 10:44:43 AM »
Bono was so smoking hot in the JT era that it was unreal.  Some of us, as we age, haven't had so far to fall. ;p

I'm having a midlife crisis I think lol trying to lose weight and thinking about getting blue hair!  I am glad I'm not being picked apart like poor B man.

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 10:58:55 AM »
During JT, Adam was 26 and looked like an average 26 y/o.

Now, Adam is 55 but looks almost 65. However his face and look has gotten much more handsome imho.

They have all had hair replacement (even Edge). No shame in that. They're photographed so much and certainly they can afford it for the rest of their lives.

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 11:05:06 AM »
I'm kinda surprised they don't use Botox or maybe they do? Who knows

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 04:16:21 PM »

Now, Adam is 55 but looks almost 65. However his face and look has gotten much more handsome imho.

They have all had hair replacement (even Edge). No shame in that. They're photographed so much and certainly they can afford it for the rest of their lives.

How could you possibly know they have had hair replacement?

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2017, 05:52:26 PM »

How could you possibly know they have had hair replacement?

Bono: Briscotheque (or some other veteran male on this forum) has posted a pic of Bono signing Brisco's license plate (near the Dublin studio I think). Bono is squatted in front of the car, with his head toward the camera. Pic looked Vertigo era (2001-2004).

Edge: In "A Day In The Life Of Edge" one day documentary filmed by Bono, Bono films Edge asleep. Edge looks like he has a surprising amount of short black hair. BUT even during JT, Edge was pretty thin on top. There's a youtube video of JT rehearsals on stage (posted by "BONO TV" or "JONO TV")where Edge was without his favorite cowboy hat at that time.

Adam: Jenn knows of a few pics where "Adam's hair was having problems". It happened after 360 era. An obvious pic I remember was when Adam was coming out of the studio/arena and a bunch of fans were waiting. He got photographed. Adam also likes to post pics to Instagram. One was his neat bathroom setup... nioxin on the shelf.

Choose to believe what you want. Believe they are all born beautiful if you wish. That means it's natural and discreet.