Author Topic: Who do you think is aging well?  (Read 1237 times)

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Who do you think is aging well?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2017, 07:01:55 PM »
I don't think they are all natural but they don't go crazy which is good. I wish I had money for some "alterations"

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2017, 09:27:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
During JT, Adam was 26 and looked like an average 26 y/o.

Now, Adam is 55 but looks almost 65. However his face and look has gotten much more handsome imho.

They have all had hair replacement (even Edge). No shame in that. They're photographed so much and certainly they can afford it for the rest of their lives.

How could you possibly know they have had hair replacement?

Bono: Briscotheque (or some other veteran male on this forum) has posted a pic of Bono signing Brisco's license plate (near the Dublin studio I think). Bono is squatted in front of the car, with his head toward the camera. Pic looked Vertigo era (2001-2004).

Edge: In "A Day In The Life Of Edge" one day documentary filmed by Bono, Bono films Edge asleep. Edge looks like he has a surprising amount of short black hair. BUT even during JT, Edge was pretty thin on top. There's a youtube video of JT rehearsals on stage (posted by "BONO TV" or "JONO TV")where Edge was without his favorite cowboy hat at that time.

Adam: Jenn knows of a few pics where "Adam's hair was having problems". It happened after 360 era. An obvious pic I remember was when Adam was coming out of the studio/arena and a bunch of fans were waiting. He got photographed. Adam also likes to post pics to Instagram. One was his neat bathroom setup... nioxin on the shelf.

Choose to believe what you want. Believe they are all born beautiful if you wish. That means it's natural and discreet.

Just to clarify: Nioxin doesn't mean hair replacement in the traditional form (i.e. a hair transplant, which many celebrities have been rumored to get). Nioxin is a supplement for thinning hair meant to regrow it, similar to rogaine. No different than what millions of men/women do when their hair starts to thin. It's a natural part of aging for most people, some people in their 20s/30s even suffer from thinning hair. Thinning hair can also be caused by other factors such as illness and stress. If you've made it into your 50s and haven't had your hair thin noticeably, then you are one of the very lucky minority. Heck, even as a 28yo, I experienced some thinning of my once super thick hair (due to stress) and only am just now seeing it growing back but that's a slow progress. I can't imagine the stress celebrities are under to look good and the pressure it must put on them to get "alterations" done. If it were me, I'd just shave my head and be done with it.  ;)

Now as far as Bono, I've heard rumors of him getting a transplant (I believe Chris Martin was quoted saying this once?). If that's true, it is WAY different than Adam taking the equivalent of Rogaine. One is something millions of everyday folks do as a response to a pretty natural aspect of the aging process, the other is something only the rich can do to possibly regain their look.

As far as The Edge, I've read a few U2 books and if they're to be believed, he was said to be self-conscious about his hair and considered treatment during TJT era, but decided against it for fear of fans catching him leaving the clinic.

My opinion? I think all the guys look reasonably well for their ages. I've seen rockstars who look far worse in their 50s and few celebrities who look better.

Offline bullettheblue

• Babyface
Who do you think is aging well?
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 04:55:06 AM »
I adore Bono and he was absolutely gorgeous in his youth, twenties, thirties, forties... okay, he's always going to be gorgeous, lol. Bono during the JT era still takes my breath away. Though, he does have some fairly deep wrinkles/lines compared to Edge, for instance. I have sometimes wondered why Bono has never had botox or some kind of facial lift. I suppose it's good he hasn't, as there's always a chance that it could completely ruin your face.

I do think all the guys are looking pretty great considering their age and the amount of pressure they are under, in general, being celebrities. I find it quite interesting how everyone ages rather differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 04:56:48 AM by bullettheblue »

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 11:01:23 AM »
I have to be honest, the rhythm section (Larry & Adam) has been aging gracefully for a long time, so have to give the edge (no pun intended) to Larry and Adam, haha.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2017, 04:06:12 PM »
During JT, Adam was 26 and looked like an average 26 y/o.

Now, Adam is 55 but looks almost 65. However his face and look has gotten much more handsome imho.

They have all had hair replacement (even Edge). No shame in that. They're photographed so much and certainly they can afford it for the rest of their lives.

How could you possibly know they have had hair replacement?

Bono: Briscotheque (or some other veteran male on this forum) has posted a pic of Bono signing Brisco's license plate (near the Dublin studio I think). Bono is squatted in front of the car, with his head toward the camera. Pic looked Vertigo era (2001-2004).

Edge: In "A Day In The Life Of Edge" one day documentary filmed by Bono, Bono films Edge asleep. Edge looks like he has a surprising amount of short black hair. BUT even during JT, Edge was pretty thin on top. There's a youtube video of JT rehearsals on stage (posted by "BONO TV" or "JONO TV")where Edge was without his favorite cowboy hat at that time.

Adam: Jenn knows of a few pics where "Adam's hair was having problems". It happened after 360 era. An obvious pic I remember was when Adam was coming out of the studio/arena and a bunch of fans were waiting. He got photographed. Adam also likes to post pics to Instagram. One was his neat bathroom setup... nioxin on the shelf.

Choose to believe what you want. Believe they are all born beautiful if you wish. That means it's natural and discreet.

Just to clarify: Nioxin doesn't mean hair replacement in the traditional form (i.e. a hair transplant, which many celebrities have been rumored to get). Nioxin is a supplement for thinning hair meant to regrow it, similar to rogaine. No different than what millions of men/women do when their hair starts to thin. It's a natural part of aging for most people, some people in their 20s/30s even suffer from thinning hair. Thinning hair can also be caused by other factors such as illness and stress. If you've made it into your 50s and haven't had your hair thin noticeably, then you are one of the very lucky minority. Heck, even as a 28yo, I experienced some thinning of my once super thick hair (due to stress) and only am just now seeing it growing back but that's a slow progress. I can't imagine the stress celebrities are under to look good and the pressure it must put on them to get "alterations" done. If it were me, I'd just shave my head and be done with it.  ;)

Now as far as Bono, I've heard rumors of him getting a transplant (I believe Chris Martin was quoted saying this once?). If that's true, it is WAY different than Adam taking the equivalent of Rogaine. One is something millions of everyday folks do as a response to a pretty natural aspect of the aging process, the other is something only the rich can do to possibly regain their look.

As far as The Edge, I've read a few U2 books and if they're to be believed, he was said to be self-conscious about his hair and considered treatment during TJT era, but decided against it for fear of fans catching him leaving the clinic.

My opinion? I think all the guys look reasonably well for their ages. I've seen rockstars who look far worse in their 50s and few celebrities who look better.

Exactly right tiger.  Just cause there's a few bad hair day pics out there is not conclusive evidence that they all had hair replacement.