Author Topic: SPOILERS TJT rehearsals.  (Read 42906 times)

Offline GoldenStateGirl

• Stateless
  • As the moon spins around, I need your love
Re: SPOILERS TJT rehearsals.
« Reply #615 on: May 11, 2017, 04:19:10 PM »
Elevation is a fun song live but I'd trade it ANY DAY for UTEOTW

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #616 on: May 11, 2017, 04:22:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Elevation is a fun song live but I'd trade it ANY DAY for UTEOTW

Me too!

If they're doing a tour based around Joshua Tree, I'd love them to bring a few songs back from R&H too. I'd much rather they use Love Rescue Me, All I Want Is You, Heartland, Desire, etc. instead of Elevation.

Offline Perico

• Stateless
  • Wanderer
« Reply #617 on: May 11, 2017, 04:45:49 PM »
Despite the flaws with the presumed setlist that already have been adressed here, I'm really thrilled to see UV being played again. Prior to the 360 Tour I thought I would see my all time favourite U2 song played live only on zoo tv videos on youtube, so having it in that ocassion and now once again, I'm just grateful.

Offline Petejbridge

• Stateless
  • Clockworks and cold steel...
« Reply #618 on: May 11, 2017, 06:46:41 PM »
Despite the flaws with the presumed setlist that already have been adressed here, I'm really thrilled to see UV being played again. Prior to the 360 Tour I thought I would see my all time favourite U2 song played live only on zoo tv videos on youtube, so having it in that ocassion and now once again, I'm just grateful.

I'm really looking forward to it too but I was really hoping theyd kill two birds with one stone on this tour.  RHMT and Acrobat.  I still can't believe they're stonewalling us on Acrobat.  That song has got to be incredibly fun to play for musicians and they know the fans would lose their sh** if they played it. 

Offline pdk

• Refugee
« Reply #619 on: May 11, 2017, 06:49:42 PM »

It's kind of funny that we feel we can point out the flaws in a setlist by one of the most successful bands in history.

No?

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #620 on: May 11, 2017, 06:53:44 PM »
I get all nit-picky reading and writing on the threads, but once I'm there it all goes away. I'm dancing my ar*e off and hoarse for a week afterwords...

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #621 on: May 11, 2017, 07:40:53 PM »
Apparently Elevation is a part of the current setlist now.

Man, can they just give this a rest :lol

It wasn't played at over half of the I&E shows.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #622 on: May 11, 2017, 07:45:15 PM »

Yep, I have no problem with it as long as they don't swap out UV for it. It's a crowd mover and the setlist needs at least a few of those.

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
« Reply #623 on: May 11, 2017, 07:46:24 PM »

I got Elevation

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #624 on: May 11, 2017, 09:24:20 PM »
I got Elevation

I got it at 2 of my 3 shows that year, but it got one of the biggest reactions each night, so there was always that.

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #625 on: May 12, 2017, 12:07:15 AM »

It's kind of funny that we feel we can point out the flaws in a setlist by one of the most successful bands in history.

No?
I know another great live band who had last tour a lot of complaints by fans about the setlist. According to fans the setlist was too predictable and no favorites were played. Also the type of songs were all the same. But they listened and asked for ideas via twitter and offered some new ideas/options.

I do not think that was a great move of Muse, because they put theirselves into a bad position. Artists should play the songs they want to.

On the other hand. There are thousands of people who paying over the 100 euro's per night! So people has the tight to be critical. We'll stop complaining if there is a 50% discounts next tour  ;)

Offline khristian v

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #626 on: May 12, 2017, 03:34:03 AM »
Shame would have been great to hear Silver and gold, Hawkmoon and All i want is you, Since its close to the Josuha vibe

Offline pdk

• Refugee
« Reply #627 on: May 12, 2017, 04:23:47 AM »

No?
I know another great live band who had last tour a lot of complaints by fans about the setlist. According to fans the setlist was too predictable and no favorites were played. Also the type of songs were all the same. But they listened and asked for ideas via twitter and offered some new ideas/options.

I do not think that was a great move of Muse, because they put theirselves into a bad position. Artists should play the songs they want to.

On the other hand. There are thousands of people who paying over the 100 euro's per night! So people has the tight to be critical. We'll stop complaining if there is a 50% discounts next tour  ;)

Critical is call and I don't condemn anyone for their views or even disagree.  It's just kind of funny when you think about it.

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #628 on: May 12, 2017, 05:00:50 AM »

No?

Critical is call and I don't condemn anyone for their views or even disagree.  It's just kind of funny when you think about it.
Like we can do better. Haha

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #629 on: May 12, 2017, 05:55:16 AM »
Overall, just a few minor complaints.
1-Set seems a bit short, could be at least 24 songs as I&E tour opener.
2-SBS as opener?  Wait and see how it works out.
3-RHMT piano version-not digging it, seems to be a yawner, what a shame.
4-Miss Sarajevo not a good closer (or even 2nd last second depending if they play new song
   to close).  This song is not well known among the majority of U2 audience.  It will just be
    a mass exodus towards the exits as noticed on vertigo and 360 tours.