Author Topic: The little things that give you away  (Read 32239 times)

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
Re: The little things that give you away
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 04:08:03 PM »
The sound quality isn't great but this does sound like it has the potential to be another MOS or BAD.

Offline aussieu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 04:40:27 PM »
this thread is 2 pages long and no one has called it TLTTGYA yet

Offline aviastar

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
The little things that give you away
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 04:41:50 PM »
It sounds like it has potential but even with the best of sound equipment it's really hard to hear the aspects of the song that make it distinctly U2.  We will just have to be patient.

I am excited to hear it though...as I said in another thread it sounds like it will be epic and good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 05:28:13 PM by aviastar »

Offline drjako

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 04:58:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Doesn't sound good, at least from what I can make out... dreadful melody and boring instrumental. I'm done with Edge resorting to these boring piano chord progressions-- bring on the guitar again! The baseline does sound good, though... again, from what I can make out...

I agree. That was the first thing that hit me whe SOI was released: a lot of the tracks having boring piano progressions.

Offline Sonnyu2

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2017, 05:52:20 PM »
I agree that it matches up to the "Sometimes" lyrics. I def don't hear "The Little Things That Give You Away" anywhere in the clips. But, time will tell....

I think it has potential for sure though, whatever song it is.

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2017, 06:10:27 PM »
Relistened very loudly. It seems like the he's singing and then says "the little things that give you away" then the song takes a turn. Drums come in and he starts singing the sometimes lyrics. It's most likely a bridge, but it is there and part of the song. Same song

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2017, 06:14:44 PM »
Relistened very loudly. It seems like the he's singing and then says "the little things that give you away" then the song takes a turn. Drums come in and he starts singing the sometimes lyrics. It's most likely a bridge, but it is there and part of the song. Same song

"Your big mouth in the way
It's the little things that reveal and betray
Has the hunter now become the prey
It's the little things, the little things that give you away (0:17 - 0:22)

(Piano and bono)

Sometimes I see my self in distance
Sometimes I can't believe my existence

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:21:32 PM by monopoly »

Offline tommyboy6913

• Refugee
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2017, 08:37:32 PM »
I'm really digging this new track. Though the audio is crappy, the song itself sounds like a potential hit!

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2017, 02:58:21 AM »
I'm digging the rhythm, nice drumming from Larry too.

Reminds me of Mercy.

Ooh, I hit 1999 posts! Let's party like it's...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:25:39 AM by The Edges Cat »

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2017, 05:12:44 AM »
It's great way to find out they are about to play a few new songs on this upcoming tour, too.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2017, 05:52:28 AM »
They could just be rehearsing it for their own purposes, maybe seeing how it would sound live for the next tour.  I really don't think we will get new songs on this tour.
I would not think they would want to get the song out before the studio version is officially out.  They have never done this before. 
If they do play this song I highly doubt it will end up on SOE.  It could just be a leftover that didn't make the final cut on the album but could end up being a b-side or bonus track.
Just like when they played Mercy and North Star on 360, these are songs that never ended up on any U2 studio album.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2017, 11:22:26 AM »
The sound quality isn't great but this does sound like it has the potential to be another MOS or BAD.

Don't get me too excited! MoS is easily one of the best songs they've done the last 20 years. I would be incredibly excited if this new song ends up living up to that.

Online Peter Parker

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2017, 11:28:33 AM »
Listened with headphones and got goosebumps! Awesome drumming and build up to some kind of crescendo. Hear guitar too. Me like very much! ;D ;D

Offline zoo world order

• Babyface
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2017, 12:11:40 PM »
Sounds promising even though its muffled. I doubt if they would rehearse this now if they were not going to try it out live in front of an audience.I'd imagine the rehearsal time is not up for wasting on another agenda.

Offline danlougee

• Stateless
  • Midnight is where the day begins
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2017, 12:55:21 PM »
They could just be rehearsing it for their own purposes, maybe seeing how it would sound live for the next tour.  I really don't think we will get new songs on this tour.
I would not think they would want to get the song out before the studio version is officially out.  They have never done this before. 
If they do play this song I highly doubt it will end up on SOE.  It could just be a leftover that didn't make the final cut on the album but could end up being a b-side or bonus track.
Just like when they played Mercy and North Star on 360, these are songs that never ended up on any U2 studio album.
*Cough cough* Every Breaking Wave