Author Topic: The little things that give you away  (Read 13270 times)

Offline bobsaget77

• Babyface
Re: The little things that give you away
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2017, 12:19:34 AM »
Single will drop very soon IMO. Play it on Kimmel next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2017, 02:13:34 AM »
Let's hope so, releasing a single now seems like the right thing to do particularly if you want a summer hit.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2017, 10:38:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Note that so far Bono has only said 'this is a song of experience'...not 'this is from songs of experience'....

I just listened to The Little Things in Santa Clara, and Bono said "We've got a new album, this is a song that's on it, and we're just warming up"
Do you have a link to that video? I can't find a recording.
I can't fetch you a link at the moment, but I found it by searching on Periscope.

Offline Daniel94

• Refugee
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2017, 12:18:18 PM »
I don't think we're getting little things as a single any time soon. They probably need to go back and rework it after testing it out live.

Offline This Dave

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2017, 12:04:59 AM »

If they are releasing the first single from SOE next week, that means SOE is coming out in July.

There is no reason to believe this.

Offline poster

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2017, 05:24:39 AM »

If they are releasing the first single from SOE next week, that means SOE is coming out in July.

"Little Things" won't be a Single at all, I guess. Bono said in an interview recently that this awful "best thing" will be the next/first single.  :'(

Have to admit that I don't like both Songs.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:30:37 AM by poster »

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #186 on: May 20, 2017, 01:29:47 PM »

"Little Things" won't be a Single at all, I guess. Bono said in an interview recently that this awful "best thing" will be the next/first single.  :'(

Get you and also will push you, and all of us frankly, to wait for the produced release of these tunes. I can only hope Best Thing gets better and TLTTGYA stays as raw and passionate as it was in Santa Clara. I know many of us feel U2 is the 'soundtrack of our lives' because many of us will remember Bono saying something about that back around the JT time period when he first head a fan say that to him. And they have provided that musical landscape for me and it has grown 10 fold over time.

From the OOC punk/prep from CT to the Dad of 2 with the Best Thing of a wife of 21 years by my side, I will say selfishly that the Best Thing may be the single because they are secretly sharing this for song for me, why me? Sadly, my Mom has been battling really bad Dementia for the last 18 months and recently has gone into kidney failure. We have placed her into Hospice and asked for God's hand to guide her...the End is Here, sometimes.

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2017, 02:56:29 PM »

Get you and also will push you, and all of us frankly, to wait for the produced release of these tunes. I can only hope Best Thing gets better and TLTTGYA stays as raw and passionate as it was in Santa Clara. I know many of us feel U2 is the 'soundtrack of our lives' because many of us will remember Bono saying something about that back around the JT time period when he first head a fan say that to him. And they have provided that musical landscape for me and it has grown 10 fold over time.

From the OOC punk/prep from CT to the Dad of 2 with the Best Thing of a wife of 21 years by my side, I will say selfishly that the Best Thing may be the single because they are secretly sharing this for song for me, why me? Sadly, my Mom has been battling really bad Dementia for the last 18 months and recently has gone into kidney failure. We have placed her into Hospice and asked for God's hand to guide her...the End is Here, sometimes.
Bless you, your family, and your Mom. I watched my Mother suffer with dementia for a few years...terrible thing, heartbreaking. Sometimes, the End is Here, is a blessing

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2017, 08:01:10 PM »
I do love the lyrics... 'the things you cannot say - your big mouth in the way' are especially convicting, for me...

And Jono- so sorry for what you're going through w your mom! :( ((hugs)) & prayers your way...

Offline Kmama07

• Party Girl/Boy
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2017, 07:36:35 AM »

My heart goes out to you and yours

Offline flowtheman

• Babyface
  • Even better than the real thing.
« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2017, 07:39:13 AM »
Would love to see TLTTGYA as a soon to be relased single, BUT:
I think The Best Thing will be the next single, and I would not be surprised if they release it until summer, because -whether you like the song or not- imo it's a summer song and it is kind of  more the sound that would climb the charts at the moment.

And I think they would want to get in the charts with The Besth Thing to then get more attention for their new album, also from people they reach with a song like The Best Thing, which is probably people who are not most likely to be U2-affectionate in the first place, 'cause the Mix is more what younger people, listening to electronic music, would listen too

(And I write this only knowing the Kygo-Version of the song, I don't know if there is a "pure" version available or was heard anywhere. If so, please correct me!)

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2017, 08:11:47 AM »
I suspect this will be the album closer?

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2017, 08:38:59 AM »
Or it could smag that fabled number three spot, if U2 feel that it's good enough.

Offline emuhunter

• Refugee
« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2017, 09:06:46 AM »
Or it could smag that fabled number three spot, if U2 feel that it's good enough.

I was thinking the same thing too, it seems like it would fit in at #3 on an album and it definitely seems like the band loves it since they're playing it so much.

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »

My heart goes out to you and yours
Thanks for the prayers Kmama, Jab and Rif and all for the messages...GREAT community~