Author Topic: m2 - Because I just know we care and because we are a community...  (Read 714 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
I am going to stick my neck out (with the very best of intentions) and ask following m2's announcement earlier if the admin/mod team would be willing to ease minds by confirming if at all possible that m2 is OK and there is nothing bad happening for him and his in the 'real' world.

I only ask as it is a very shocking (in terms of this little part of planet internet) announcement and I know from sharing PM's already that people here in our community are concerned/shocked.

I appreciate that m2 said he did not want a big deal making and of course I am sure we will all respect that, but by the same token he has been the 'leader' of this community for a long time and it is only natural that people will wonder/care/want to hear he and his are OK.

So all that said I do not wish to pry or to have some big discussion about the mans personal business but if we could get to know he is OK and things are all OK (in a normal everyday way) then I am sure people would appreciate that and be relieved to hear that.

If his decision is just 'forum stuff' related I am sure as much as he is 'loved' here for all he has done down the years people would be quite 'happy' (for want of a better phrase) to know that and to know the man and his family etc are fine.

Hope this makes sense...maybe someone more articulate than me could help explain what I mean....

If it is indeed bad news in the real world then I am sure we all to a man and woman wish him all the very best and will respect his situation....

Thanks

An Tha
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 02:41:06 AM by an tha »

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: m2 - Because I just know we care and because we are a community...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 02:48:07 PM »
Yes, we are all concerned and hoping the best for m2. I can't say anything more than an tha already has...and, yes, we do care.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 02:50:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am going to stick my neck out (with the very best of intentions) and ask following m2's announcement earlier if the admin/mod team would be willing to ease minds by confirming if at all possible that m2 is OK and there is nothing bad happening for him and his in the 'real' world.

I only ask as it is a very shocking (in terms of this little part of planet internet) announcement and I know from sharing PM's already that people here in our community are concerned/shocked.

I appreciate that m2 said he did not want a big deal making and of course I am sure we will all respect that, but by the same token he has been the 'leader' of this community for a long time and it is only natural that people will wonder/care/want to hear he and his are OK.

So all that said I do not wish to pry or to have some big discussion about the mans personal business but if we could get to know he is OK and things are all OK (in a normal everyday way) then I am sure people would appreciate that and be relieved to hear that.

If his decision is just 'forum stuff' related I am sure as much as he is 'loved' here for all he has done down the years people would be quite 'happy' (for want of a better phrase) to know that and to know the man and his family etc are fine.

Hope this makes sense...maybe someone more articulate than me could help explain what I mean....

If it is indeed bad news in the real world then I am sure we all to a man and woman wish him all the very best and will respect his situation....

Thanks

An Tha
Absolute +1

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Administrator
  • Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 03:11:29 PM »
All,
m2 is fine. Thanks for asking and being concerned, but really, he's fine.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 03:17:01 PM »
I am concerned too.  I truly appreciate the work m2 has done as a mod.  He allowed diverse opinions to coexist and even when there were differences and disputes he has always listened and explained his decisions.  Personally he stepped in to help when a friend on the forum was banned and I appreciated the human concern he showed there.  I respect m2's privacy but  I hope he's well will return to mod duties at some point in the future.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 03:24:32 PM »
All,
Thanks for the response, Hawkmoon...please give m2 our regards.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 04:41:58 PM »
All,

Good to hear....if you get chance pass on best regards

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 08:38:43 PM »
Good luck to m2 in all your future endeavors.  You will be missed more than you know.

Offline Lizard

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Heard a song that made some sense out of the world
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 06:43:14 AM »
Agree, all the best for you m2!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 09:07:36 AM »
Please convey my deepest thanks to m2 for creating this site and keeping it going, and to his family for sharing him with us! Also, much thanks to the mods for agreeing to carry on with his vision. I'm so happy I stumbled upon this community, it has deepened my love for U2, and introduced me to some of the best people around, including those who have become friends IRL.

Offline northstarjo2

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • for tonight at last I am coming home
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 09:34:43 AM »
I am also shocked to learn this and sorry to see m2 go.  Having met him at the U2 conference in Cleveland in 2013 was one of the highlights of my "U2 life" and the pics of that day still make me smile.

All the best to you m2.  Thank you for @U2, for your years of enthusiasm, dedication and support of U2 and the U2 online community.  You leave some big shoes to fill, and while I know the forum will be in good hands with the admin team it just won't feel the same without you. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU  :)

Whos's to say where the wind will take you
Whos's to say what it is will break you
I don't know which way the wind will blow
Who's to say when the time has come around
I don't wanna see you cry
I know that this is NOT GOODBYE