Author Topic: Streets - JJT Tour 2017  (Read 1173 times)

Offline xy

• Staring at the Sun
Re: Streets - JJT Tour 2017
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2017, 05:18:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
there is an argument to say the best live version of this song post Popmart was played with 1/4 of u2....

To all those attending shows on this tour i hope you see a better one!

No. Those high pitched vocals don't suit the song.

Offline Clarky

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2017, 08:38:36 AM »
Slane Castle version is the best thing I've ever seen live of any band playing music in the history of live music recordings in the history of the world and the history of sound.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2017, 09:39:41 AM »
Slane Castle version is the best thing I've ever seen live of any band playing music in the history of live music recordings in the history of the world and the history of sound.

Bad/40/streets at Boston is better.

Offline Clarky

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2017, 06:10:14 PM »

I am quite familiar with that viewpoint however I staunchly maintain that the All I Want is You transition into Streets absolutely stands above the Boston version (as good as it is) IMO.

Offline mrsamrocks2

• Numb
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2017, 06:17:32 PM »
This. Slane has amazing versions of older songs like Bullet, WOWY and AIWIY.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2017, 02:19:57 AM »

I am quite familiar with that viewpoint however I staunchly maintain that the All I Want is You transition into Streets absolutely stands above the Boston version (as good as it is) IMO.

I just think the band play the song(s) better on Boston, it has a ton of energy and is relentless from start to finish. Slane is great and almost as good but Boston is probably the best live thing I've ever heard by a four piece. The fact it was caught live on tv too speaks volumes, not to mention that wonderful dolly move expertly thought out and handled by Mr Hamilton.

Offline Clarky

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2017, 04:44:35 AM »
I rewatched them both. Of course I am partial to the Slane version but by GOD I am by far and away more blown away by the euphoria that comes with that rendition. The wailing and operatic vocal strains Bono uses at the end of AIWIY are so perfectly and authentically executed and then it explodes into Streets in front of THEIR 'tribe'. Really special. Bono kind of yells out of tune in the Boston version and it doesn't sound as good. The sweeping shot of the joyus crowd at Slane is more epic than the nice pan at Boston too. I'm arguing over semantics here, I'm not dismissing your opinion though!