Author Topic: Hi from Lexington KY!  (Read 222 times)

Offline cindi

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Hi from Lexington KY!
« on: May 07, 2017, 11:48:48 AM »
Hey all!

Did anyone here go to the Dublin meeting for POPMart in 1997? I've run into a couple of folks over the years but haven't really kept up.... Darcy, Sue, Amy, Angela, Matt, you out there anywhere and seeing any TJT shows? :)

I've been lucky enough to see a show or two every tour since 1992, through 2 cross country moves, 2 kids, divorce & remarriage, and I'm taking my oldest daughter to a Chicago show on her 14th birthday.  Can't wait to head to Vancouver & Seattle this weekend! I've never seen a tour opener (or ender for that matter); I've assiduously stayed away from spoilers. I'm so anti-spoiler I don't even read the blurbs on the back of books. :)

I'm @cindi on twitter and /cindiann on fb. I don't engage a terrible lot anymore; that Big Event in the fall cured me of my social media addiction. But U2 has been a huge part of my life, and hanging with fans has been a lovely part of that. Hope to meet some of you over the summer!

Cheers,
 -Cindi

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
Re: Hi from Lexington KY!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 12:10:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum...

Offline jacha77

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 09:40:39 PM »
Hi fellow KY fan!  Fan up here in Northern KY/Greater Cincinnati.  Going to the JT2017 show in Tampa!  Cannot wait!

Offline jacha77

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 11:03:33 PM »
.... and I jut saw your post in my intro.  I was at that same PopMart show!!!!  That one is special to me as well.  It was my first ever concert.  I was still too young to go to rock concerts during the ZooTV years.  I really wish I could've seen one of those.... But, by the time PopMart came around, I was loose on the world!!  Headed up to Columbus with some friends.  I'll never forget it.  I was the only die hard fan in my group.  They were content to arrive at the stadium just prior to the show starting.  I pretty much dropped my bags off at the hotel and went straight there.  Early enough to hear Bono doing soundchecks inside.  That was amazing!!  My hope with this tour is to get to the stadium early enough to catch the guys walking in.  Hoping to meet these 4 men who are such a huge influence on my life.  Anyway, nice to find a fellow fan in the neighborhood!!