Author Topic: U2 to release new song this week  (Read 5894 times)

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
Re: U2 to release new song this week
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2017, 11:54:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hearing the little things during the Vancouver rehearsals, i'm excited to hear it recorded. Sadly, in recent years, slower songs that they've done well in the studio don't tend to translate live - EBW, MOS, Troubles, COL, i think the little things that give you away (TLTTGYA - crap, another awful acronym) might be in the same vein.

I'm excited if it's the next single. It breaks away from that typical rock first single (vertigo, GOYB, miracle) they've done for the past few albums.

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2017, 09:56:15 AM »
Hearing the little things during the Vancouver rehearsals, i'm excited to hear it recorded. Sadly, in recent years, slower songs that they've done well in the studio don't tend to translate live - EBW, MOS, Troubles, COL, i think the little things that give you away (TLTTGYA - crap, another awful acronym) might be in the same vein.

I'm excited if it's the next single. It breaks away from that typical rock first single (vertigo, GOYB, miracle) they've done for the past few albums.
they need to break the mold on the first single they release for the upcoming album.  and i have to disagree that slower songs dont translate live from the last few albums.  EBW seemed just fine to me and i enjoyed the acoustic live versions. MOS, troubles, COL just aren't traditional slow songs from U2 that are memorable in the way WOWOY, SYCMIOYO and many other great slow u2 songs were.

Offline InGodsCountry

• Babyface
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2017, 02:22:51 PM »

This producer tweeted at Matt Pinfield, the presenter of The Joshua Tree Special, that he heard a new single. Maybe we're getting close???
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 03:11:10 PM by InGodsCountry »

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2017, 03:09:00 PM »

This produce tweeted at Matt Pinfield, the presenter of The Joshua Tree Special, that he heard a new single. Maybe we're getting close???

Exciting!

Offline jjcruiser

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2017, 03:54:47 PM »
I'm excited, but skeptical this drops any time soon.  Wouldn't it be sort of counterproductive to release a new single now at the beginning of a greatest hits tour of the 1980s, without an announcement of a new album and SOE tour to follow?  And why would you do that at the beginning of this tour?  Whatever, I want new music and don't really care how or when it gets to us as long as it's more genius.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2017, 04:02:29 PM »
They've been rehearsing a new song, so it might make sense. Who knows, they could release a new album this summer. Or just premiere a new song for the summer with the album to follow in the fall. They don't have to wait for the SOE part of the I&e tour to release the new music. Its U2, tickets will sell for I&e Part 2 anyway, if that is what they end up doing. The album can come out any time, though I'd assume it'll be after TJT deluxe versions.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2017, 04:04:02 PM »
Yes yes yes. New music yes!

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2017, 10:29:56 PM »
It makes sense to play a new song, and release it during the tour. They're showing people we're they've come from (TJT) and giving them a taste of where they're going in the near future (SoE). It's one step backward, two steps forward.

Offline mc

• Stateless
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2017, 01:12:52 AM »
Just heard it on youtube from last nights concert. Little things...slow burner that climaxes in a great guitar session. Already in my top 10 all time U2 songs...if they keep it raw and dont overproduce it. Bit of a Mercy/Ultraviolet climax

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2017, 08:54:15 AM »
Just heard it on youtube from last nights concert. Little things...slow burner that climaxes in a great guitar session. Already in my top 10 all time U2 songs...if they keep it raw and dont overproduce it. Bit of a Mercy/Ultraviolet climax

I can only assume you have yet to hear 10 u2 songs

Offline SwimmingSorrows

• Refugee
  • Some folks are bound for glory, I was Born to Hang
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2017, 10:10:12 AM »

I can only assume you have yet to hear 10 u2 songs

That was pretty funny.  I really like the song, though.