Author Topic: Official Pittsburgh Thread ** Spoilers** 7 June 2017  (Read 3049 times)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Official Pittsburgh Thread ** Spoilers** 7 June 2017
« on: May 12, 2017, 02:12:57 PM »
All Things Pittsburgh

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Re: Official Pittsburgh Thread ** Spoilers** 7 June 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 05:56:47 PM »
We're just a couple of days away!! I hope yinz are ready for some U2!!

Also, shoutout to Sing for spelling Pittsburgh correctly (with an h). You wouldn't believe how many times people get that wrong.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 06:32:15 PM »
Driving all the way from Michigan into Pittsburgh (or rather, a suburb of Pittsburgh) on Tuesday evening, planning to queue up early Wednesday morning to get a good spot in GA, then see a bit of Pittsburgh Thursday before we head back home (since I've never visited this city before).

Offline Allhorizonbomb

• Babyface
  • Self proclaimed biggest U2 fan in New York State
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 09:16:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Driving all the way from Michigan into Pittsburgh (or rather, a suburb of Pittsburgh) on Tuesday evening, planning to queue up early Wednesday morning to get a good spot in GA, then see a bit of Pittsburgh Thursday before we head back home (since I've never visited this city before).

How do you know what time to Queue up in the morning?

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 09:47:26 PM »

How do you know what time to Queue up in the morning?

Technically I don't. I know the venue said no lining up til 12pm, but I also know those who have started lines for these concerts do not listen to the venue's rules. I'll be showing up to the stadium around 9am, worst case they say no lining up and we'll just take a nice walk around the downtown area to pass the time. Better safe than sorry.

Offline d.darroch

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 03:58:29 AM »
Tonnes of $35 tickets available. Far end zones in all tiers, & sideline nosebleeds. The end zone ones will say visual obstruction I think, but not bad, just the relay towers. Great value for $35!
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 06:18:42 AM by d.darroch »

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • I wandered out in the world for years
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 06:12:39 PM »
Please explain the yinz reference Starman. All I know about Pittsburgh is Fences, Mario Lemieux, Sidney Crosby, Terry Bradshaw and steel.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Official Pittsburgh Thread ** Spoilers** 7 June 2017
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 06:45:43 PM »
Please explain the yinz reference Starman. All I know about Pittsburgh is Fences, Mario Lemieux, Sidney Crosby, Terry Bradshaw and steel.

Many Pittsburghers say the word "yinz" for some reason, and thus, we are sometimes referred to as "yinzers"

It's essential another way of saying "you guys" or "y'all"

Example: "Do yinz wanna go watch the Pens game dahntawn (downtown)?"

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • I wandered out in the world for years
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 07:26:10 PM »
Awesome....

Offline cocamojoe

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 08:18:49 AM »
Tonnes of $35 tickets available. Far end zones in all tiers, & sideline nosebleeds. The end zone ones will say visual obstruction I think, but not bad, just the relay towers. Great value for $35!

On the phone with Heinz Field, they told me that they had 48,000 seats available for this show. He didn't specify if it was separate from the 48,000 number, but he did say that they sold 8,000 tickets for the floor. So, that potentially makes 56,000 tickets available. Regardless, I just went to Ticketmaster to see what was still available, first unchecking "verified resale ticket" under "type", and I crunched the numbers, to see if ticket sales are as bad for tonight as some on this website have made it seem. Regardless if the total number of available tickets are 48,000 or 56,000, tonight's show has still managed to sell 97-98% of tickets, as of 5 minutes ago.

As many tickets ok Stubhub are priced at UNDER face value (seriously, $35 nosebleeds are now going for $19; expensive $280 seats are going for as low as $150), I'd be surprised if Ticketmaster sells the remaining 1,000-something tickets (I forget the exact number, offhand). Regardless, having an empty 1,000 out of 48,000 seats is a drop in the pond. I was at the Sunday night Chicago, and while Soldier Field was utterly packed, there were definitely some empty seats. Hell, I bought my own ticket on VividSeats a few months ago, and the day before I helped my good friend Rafael buy two tickets for the row DIRECTLY in front of me on Stubhub. My row had 5 empty seats, so we just moved there, and ended up being together, anyways!

Offline GPitt

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 02:38:53 PM »
Hey all just got my $17 nosebleed... I'm excited! I know I won't be seeing y'all up there, but I did GA at Dallas so I'm just going to see what it's like from the top of the far end zone.

To those of you coming in from elsewhere, hope you enjoy your stay!

Offline ZEROpartII

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 04:28:03 PM »
MASTER BONO, KNOW YOUR LIMITS

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 05:25:01 PM »
Hey all just got my $17 nosebleed... I'm excited! I know I won't be seeing y'all up there, but I did GA at Dallas so I'm just going to see what it's like from the top of the far end zone.

To those of you coming in from elsewhere, hope you enjoy your stay!

That's authentic JT pricing circa 1987!

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 05:26:32 PM »
So only 40k tickets have sold...

Offline Basskid

• Running to Stand Still
  • Even the hands of love...
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 06:34:29 PM »
Hey look!  A show in my time zone!