Author Topic: Official Louisville Thread ** Spoilers** 16 June 2017  (Read 2956 times)

Offline U21978man

• Babyface
Re: Official Louisville Thread ** Spoilers** 16 June 2017
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2017, 10:47:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The girl who Bono pulled up on stage, isn't she one of the girls on stage during Elevation in the Paris I&E DVD?
Yes she is watch the 2015 Paris and 2017 Louisville videos on YouTube its the same girl!!!

Offline cocamojoe

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2017, 10:53:01 PM »
The girl who Bono pulled up on stage, isn't she one of the girls on stage during Elevation in the Paris I&E DVD?
Yes she is watch the 2015 Paris and 2017 Louisville videos on YouTube its the same girl!!!
Yeah I'm not really a fan of that. Sure, on the one hand, good for her for obviously developing a bond of sorts w the band; but, I also far prefer spontaneity to more scriptedness. Reminds me of the NYC 8 show on I&E, when Bono plucked a gal out of the audience. I very well may be wrong, but I remember saying to myself that night, "She sure does look like the girl onstage for Mysterious Ways on their Chicago Vertigo DVD....", and thinking how it kinda cheapened the supposedly spontaneous moment.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2017, 05:18:31 AM »
Yeah I'm not really a fan of that. Sure, on the one hand, good for her for obviously developing a bond of sorts w the band; but, I also far prefer spontaneity to more scriptedness. Reminds me of the NYC 8 show on I&E, when Bono plucked a gal out of the audience. I very well may be wrong, but I remember saying to myself that night, "She sure does look like the girl onstage for Mysterious Ways on their Chicago Vertigo DVD....", and thinking how it kinda cheapened the supposedly spontaneous moment.

It's kind of disappointing to me too, but looking at it from the band's side, there is much less chance of the "audience member" doing something untoward if they aren't actually random people.

That said, I'd rather they just not do it than fake it.

Online skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2017, 08:39:58 AM »
What song did the band walk out to in Louisville? The lyrics were something like "full/bright side of the moon"??

It was not " Rainy Night in Soho" by The Pogues, for sure.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2017, 09:02:45 AM »
What song did the band walk out to in Louisville? The lyrics were something like "full/bright side of the moon"??

It was not " Rainy Night in Soho" by The Pogues, for sure.

I think since maybe Bonnaroo they've used The Whole of the Moon by the Waterboys.

Online skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2017, 09:35:02 AM »
Thank you lori, now i can rest in peace!! It sounded better when Larry was walking out to it lol!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2017, 10:03:21 AM »
Thank you lori, now i can rest in peace!! It sounded better when Larry was walking out to it lol!

Everything sounds better when Larry is involved. :)

Offline superdragtn

• Babyface
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2017, 08:54:00 PM »
Anyone know a good source for an audio recording of the full show?

Offline DPardue

• Wanderer
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2017, 07:47:17 AM »
The song that was played right after the show was "Rainy Night in Soho".  I was surprised it wasn't used as an intro song.  I like it better on the front end than the back end really.

Does anyone know the final estimated attendance figure?

Offline tropman

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2017, 08:35:16 AM »
Anybody else in Louisville GA (up-front) or red zone think the sound was a bit off?  Like blown speaker or poor mix?  Maybe it was the monstrous bass. 

Offline draka

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2017, 03:43:15 PM »
I was 1 back from the rail on Adam's side and didn't notice anything off with the sound.

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2017, 07:58:36 AM »
Anybody else in Louisville GA (up-front) or red zone think the sound was a bit off?  Like blown speaker or poor mix?  Maybe it was the monstrous bass.
I was one off the main stage rail, too. I didn't notice it as much in Louisville, but the bass has been really boomy and almost distorted, for the shows I've been to (Chicago, Pitt before Louisville). I wear earplugs to shows, but my husband doesn't, and he complained about the same thing at the Pittsburgh show.

Offline U21978man

• Babyface
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2017, 09:26:13 AM »
Anyone know a good source for an audio recording of the full show?

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2017, 10:24:47 AM »
I was one off the main stage rail, too. I didn't notice it as much in Louisville, but the bass has been really boomy and almost distorted, for the shows I've been to (Chicago, Pitt before Louisville). I wear earplugs to shows, but my husband doesn't, and he complained about the same thing at the Pittsburgh show.

I actually didn't notice any big sound problems from where I was standing in Pittsburgh (by the tree stage).