Author Topic: Official Philadelphia Thread ** Spoilers** 18 June 2017  (Read 2662 times)

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Official Philadelphia Thread ** Spoilers** 18 June 2017
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2017, 09:10:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bono is chatty tonight. I like it.

I don't think he needs to be careful with this speech's now that they are not in the South
yes he was very careful in Tampa Im said I missed the full Bono speeches

Offline buckeyebonogirl

• Wanderer
  • I love you 'cause I need to
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2017, 09:14:39 PM »
Did they skip Ultraviolet?

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2017, 09:17:34 PM »
Did they skip Ultraviolet?
Mysterious Ways replaced it tomight

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2017, 09:21:54 PM »
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - Bad / America (snippet)
04 - Pride (In the Name of Love)

05 - Where the Streets Have No Name
06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 - With or Without You
08 - Bullet the Blue Sky
09 - Running To Stand Still
10 - Red Hill Mining Town
11 - In God's Country
12 - Trip Through Your Wires
13 - One Tree Hill
14 - Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
15 - Mothers of the Disappeared

16 - Miss Sarajevo
17 - Mysterious Ways (slide solo)
18 - One
19 - Beautiful Day
20 - Elevation
21 - Vertigo

monopoly

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2017, 09:32:28 PM »
Maybe they're getting tired of the same thing every night

Offline Perico

• Stateless
  • Wanderer
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2017, 09:40:56 PM »
So sad UV was dropped... hope it was a one off but I'm not optimistic, it makes me want to get a ticket for Buenos Aires 2 if it is going to rotate with MW.

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
Official Philadelphia Thread ** Spoilers** 18 June 2017
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2017, 11:35:58 PM »
Just got settled into bed at my friends apartment in Philly.  Been to 5 U2 shows. This may be my 2nd favorite overall experience.  Nothing can top the first time at Elevation Pittsburgh (played an extra song by accident).

Out of all 5 shows Bonos voice was the best tonight. No lie.  Must have drank from Ponce De Leon's fountain of youth. Or the true grail at the end of Last Crusade. Just stellar. Bravo.

In Gods Country is my number #5 fav U2 song. That alone in long form was worth the amount I paid for the ticket ..... which, get this thought was 105 a piece for myself and best friend. No these were 52.50 tickets. It was 105 total !!!!   Concert Karma !!!   The savings went for Miller Lite, which I am equipped to handle with ease and control. 

The Five seats next to us in section 217 were empty when the show started and stayed that way.  An oasis of space.  It was like flying first class.  Only your allowed to stand and rock out.  I was ragging on Elevation in the parking lot, saying it catered to the lowest common denominator of fan. But I swear it is a crowd pleaser. I was doing my old white sequin jumpsuit Vegas Elvis windmills to it. Kinda an inside joke.  But had space and opportunity.  Plus "the right to be ridiculous is something I hold dear"

Best part of the show was the return of the slide solo in Mysterious Ways. So succulent to the ears.  A real treat after a decade absence.
Really upbeat ending was fun.

Then we all packed like sardines into the Broad Street line of Septa.  It was humid like the Swamps of Dagobah on the platform.  The first train took ten minutes to move.  My buddy wanted to squeeze in.  I said no way.  We went with the 2nd train.  If it was Calcutta on the platform I was dreading the inside. 

Once we got in the mass of bodies pressing against each other seemed to take on an order of entropy. Randomness that arranged us perfectly.  The shorter ladies were able to lean on me for support as I stretched my arm on a precarious grasp of a handrail.  Everybody cushioned each other in a swaying motion when the laws of inertia were applied. A fella next to me suggested we start a spontaneous Sweet Caroline sing a long. We would start slowly but realized we were short of breath because our lungs could not fully expand with the crush of humanity.  In fact upon boarding the bum rush of people inspired me to turn to the horde and say "please calm down. We don't need another Cincinnati Who incident". People actually nodded in agreement. Kinda dark reference but it worked.

Sweaty Sardine Can Septa
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

PS: as the throngs poured out I saw my old high school theater assistant walking in the opposite direction. We shook hands in a 3 second exchange, then as we were pulled away I said "See you on Facebook"

Totally reminded me of the hilarious scene in Hot Shots when Charlie Sheen is on the gunboat and going in the opposite direction was Martin Sheen on another gunboat (apocalypse now homage). They pass and both yell "Loved you in Wall Street"  Here is the clip for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:45:59 PM by ZEROpartII »

Offline GoldenStateGirl

• Wanderer
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2017, 12:22:43 AM »
Well written review featuring a Star Wars reference! Awesome!

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2017, 12:57:18 AM »
As much as I hate to admit, MW is a better replacement considering the context of Herstory.  And the remaining stops on the US tour that did not get hit on I&E will want to hear it.  And once they hit South America and New Zealand, it's an absolute guarantee.  Though once they hit Europe, I'd put money on ASOH being brought back into rotation.

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2017, 02:14:06 AM »
As much as I hate to admit, MW is a better replacement considering the context of Herstory.  And the remaining stops on the US tour that did not get hit on I&E will want to hear it.  And once they hit South America and New Zealand, it's an absolute guarantee.  Though once they hit Europe, I'd put money on ASOH being brought back into rotation.

It had people on their feet dancing. A unique arrangement in the annals of its history of its live performance. The intro was in the vein of the Perfecto mix giving Bono a chance to talk as an intro.  A much needed crowd pleaser after the stark reality of Motd and Miss Sarajevo.

Gotta admit Miss Sarajevo has gotten a bad rap for being a downer that destroys the flow, but I thought it was lovely. Really puts a face to the refugees that are suffering. Mysterious Ways will bounce the crowd back to a recognizable song that will please the more hardcore fans w the slide solo

monopoly

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2017, 02:34:34 AM »

It had people on their feet dancing. A unique arrangement in the annals of its history of its live performance. The intro was in the vein of the Perfecto mix giving Bono a chance to talk as an intro.  A much needed crowd pleaser after the stark reality of Motd and Miss Sarajevo.

Gotta admit Miss Sarajevo has gotten a bad rap for being a downer that destroys the flow, but I thought it was lovely. Really puts a face to the refugees that are suffering. Mysterious Ways will bounce the crowd back to a recognizable song that will please the more hardcore fans w the slide solo

If u2 was willing, they could give us both... and little things. Looks like ASOH will be a rare rotation in Europe.

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2017, 04:55:22 AM »
Yes they could. Not going to push them. They are older now. I don't know their limits.  21 full length songs is the equivalent of the normal 23.  Remember 360 had shorties like Scarlet

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2017, 04:56:13 AM »
I'm glad you got MW, but can't believe they dropped UV for it!!!

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2017, 05:56:07 AM »
I'm glad you got MW, but can't believe they dropped UV for it!!!

I was ok with it since it was the plot twist. It's Philly gotta pull an M Night Shyamalan. Plus the slide solo was just fantastic.  All mine!!  Mine!!!   First to get it on the tour.

I kinda ruined the experience of a UV by watching it multiple Times on scopes/YouTube.

Offline garyu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2017, 07:53:53 AM »
And trying Miss Sarajevo is a staple of this tour. I mean....🤔