Author Topic: Official Philadelphia Thread ** Spoilers** 18 June 2017  (Read 2461 times)

Offline stevev3

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Official Philadelphia Thread ** Spoilers** 18 June 2017
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2017, 08:20:38 AM »
Does anyone know if they actually ID'd anyone with a GA ticket? My friend has a business trip and offered me the Metlife tickets. He will give me his credit card which is the ticket. All site "officially" say they will ID everyone.

Offline 1985

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2017, 08:58:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That alone in long form was worth the amount I paid for the ticket ..... which, get this thought was 105 a piece for myself and best friend. No these were 52.50 tickets. It was 105 total !!!!   Concert Karma !!!   The savings went for Miller Lite, which I am equipped to handle with ease and control. 

Full confession: It was really $104.85...I owe you .15 next time...

Glad it exceeded expectations. What some others have said is so true: Reading the setlist and watching video clips doesn't do it justice. No matter how many times you've heard the first seven songs or the last five, the band is bringing power and meaning to them. I walked in wondering if it would be my last U2 concert, while sharing the experience with my son. I left hoping to be able to do the same with him on future tours.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2017, 09:49:02 AM »
Haven't watched any clips yet, but having seen a show before, I can see how MW would be a much better fit for the Herstory section (though I was ecstatic to hear Ultra Violet).

Kind of stinks that they've stopped playing Little Things, but I can understand why.

Offline crush_d

• Babyface
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2017, 10:47:58 AM »
Does anyone know if they actually ID'd anyone with a GA ticket? My friend has a business trip and offered me the Metlife tickets. He will give me his credit card which is the ticket. All site "officially" say they will ID everyone.

No ID, I used gift card, no questions asked. And haven't seen them checking IDs. They simply don't have time to ID thousands. And website says they "might" check ID

Offline crush_d

• Babyface
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2017, 10:50:37 AM »
Haven't watched any clips yet, but having seen a show before, I can see how MW would be a much better fit for the Herstory section (though I was ecstatic to hear Ultra Violet).

Kind of stinks that they've stopped playing Little Things, but I can understand why.

MW was obvious at that place, but I'm so glad I had a chance to hear UV

Yep, I miss Little Things. And to replace is with Vertigo! Not my favorite
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:57:33 AM by crush_d »

Offline reimj

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2017, 11:02:01 AM »
Excellent show last night. 

Took the family, kids said they had fun, but aren't all that into music in general so not too sure about that.  Wife is at best a casual fan, knows and likes the hits but not very familiar with side two of TJT, so it didn't draw her in.  Plus we were in the nosebleeds, almost even with the stage, we missed out on the visual effects of the screen.  360 and even I&E were much more viewer friendly from the $35 seats. 

But, I had a great time, got to hear songs several songs I've never heard live before last night, and up on the roof of the stadium (there was only one row behind us) they sounded really good.  At this point, I'm happy anytime I get to see them perform.  One of my friends is a die-hard Beatles fanatic, they broke up well before we were born...he never had the chance to see them live.

Offline ZEROpartII

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2017, 11:09:57 AM »

That alone in long form was worth the amount I paid for the ticket ..... which, get this thought was 105 a piece for myself and best friend. No these were 52.50 tickets. It was 105 total !!!!   Concert Karma !!!   The savings went for Miller Lite, which I am equipped to handle with ease and control. 

Glad it exceeded expectations. What some others have said is so true: Reading the setlist and watching video clips doesn't do it justice. No matter how many times you've heard the first seven songs or the last five, the band is bringing power and meaning to them. I walked in wondering if it would be my last U2 concert, while sharing the experience with my son. I left hoping to be able to do the same with him on future tours.

I knew it. You had some kind of racket going !!!!  Thanks so much again. What did the son think. Bet he loved that Elevation so much.  I got Elevation on I.E. too.  When you are in the arena stadium it takes on a whole different than watching it on the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hollywoodswag

• Wanderer
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2017, 11:28:50 AM »
Agreed. I know I've mentioned it several times already, so chalk it up to excitement that is still running through me, but Elevation, experienced from the GA section in a football stadium, caused the greatest rock and roll experience I've yet experienced.

Offline 1985

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2017, 11:52:07 AM »

I knew it. You had some kind of racket going !!!!  Thanks so much again. What did the son think. Bet he loved that Elevation so much.  I got Elevation on I.E. too.  When you are in the arena stadium it takes on a whole different than watching it on the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He absolutely loved the concert. Was definitely nervous going in and waiting for it to start. In fact, he wanted reassurance right before it began that we could leave if he felt scared. Once the music started, he was sucked in. He said he cried with joy both at SBS and Elevation. And of course, junior idealist that he is, he was truly moved by the encore set pieces.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2017, 04:33:57 PM »
ATU2 Tours Philadelphia show page:

-ross
My ATU2 Tours profile:

Offline tapehead2

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2017, 06:12:44 AM »

They didn't check my ID and I didn't see them checking anyone else's.  They simply swiped my card.

Offline Tokenlocal

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2017, 07:08:11 AM »
Just getting back to work in NC after a long weekend in Philly. What a show! My feet and legs still ache a bit from the long day waiting and rocking out. We were rewarded by getting a GA spot just off Larry's left shoulder on the B stage. Which was great when they went on the main stage because you were still close enough to see them well, but had full view of the big screen. The only complaint, and this in minor. When they play on the B stage, Larry's drums sound as if they're echoing off the big screen and makes the sound out of sync a bit. Granted, I'm a musician and a drummer, so maybe my ears are more sensitive to it. My brother didn't notice it, so I'm wondering if anyone else did? Otherwise, it was just stunning and hearing them play Trip Through Your Wires made my night. I'm an alt man, country, Americana or rock and that's always been my favorite from the JT.

PS: To the rude little b**** who horned her way into our little piece of real estate that we waited 4 hours to hold, stopped right in the tiniest of spots in front me while my GF was in the jon, then jumped down my throat when I very politely explained the situation to her and wouldn't listen to reason from any of the other folks around her, but finally left when hubby never showed. . . I hope you choked on the chicken fingers and crab fries you were toting around. Karma's a b**** and that kind of attitude will catch up with you someday for sure. Negativity is not what a U2 show is about and I hate I have to vent. My apologies to the fans on this forum.

Offline countfeed

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2017, 01:30:49 PM »
My many photos from this awesome show are here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I'm still waiting
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2017, 01:35:42 PM »
My many photos from this awesome show are here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Those are WONDERFUL...Thank you!

Offline countfeed

« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2017, 01:48:34 PM »
Those are WONDERFUL...Thank you!

Thanks!