Author Topic: Official Rome (1) Thread ** Spoilers** 15 July 2017  (Read 962 times)

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
Re: Official Rome (1) Thread ** Spoilers** 15 July 2017
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2017, 03:39:54 PM »
Decent show. Crowd was fun like in Berlin.

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2017, 05:50:58 PM »
Just watched a few video's the show looked really good the crowd sang Bono's voice sounded great from what I have seen much better than the mixrs
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 06:04:12 PM by mariamontreal »

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 12:03:43 PM »
Just back in the UK from Rome and it was chaotic, very hot, exhausting and exhilerating all at once  :D

Bono's voice was very clear and powerful, especially during 'Running To Stand Still' & 'Red Hill Mining Town'.He was in a very jovial mood, too, and his humour was typical Bono--very self deprecating.I think his humour may have gone over the heads of some younger Italians but they loved it when he spoke their language---he knew he'd mangled a few words here and there but they cheered his effort.

It was a fantastic moment when we all held up the yellow pieces of paper for 'With Or Without You'.There was a long 'thank you' on the back for the RED & ONE campaigns and it mentioned the flash mob in the Olympic Stadium in 2010---I was there, too!

There were quite a few very young children near me, including a woman with a months old baby.The baby had headphones on, which was a relief to see! Another woman directly in front of me brought her three very young children--I think their ages may have ranged from maybe six to 10yrs old---and then she sat them at the end of the row behind while she stayed in the middle! She drank quite a few beers before U2 came on stage and then throughout the concert she tried to make ear plugs out of wet wipes for the kids.She asked people next to her to pass them along, which didn't go down very well, then she kept turning around every 5 minutes, tried to climb over the seat onto my row and she generally P.off a lot of people.It was very bizarre!  I'm sure at one point she asked my sis & I to swap seats so her kids could be near but an Italian woman next to my sis heard & started telling her off for that.I'm all for parents taking their younger kids to concerts, mine did, but this woman went about everything the wrong way.She may have put her kids off attending concerts for life! I think she spoiled the concert for a few people and I'm sure her children weren't happy that they were separated from her.That was a 'first' in 30yrs of attending U2 concerts(I've seen babies at U2 gigs before!)

I was hoping that U2 would play 'A Sort of Homecoming' on Saturday but they played it on Sunday instead  :'( Hopefully, they'll play it in Dublin next Saturday.Anyone got their tickets yet?

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2017, 02:09:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just back in the UK from Rome and it was chaotic, very hot, exhausting and exhilerating all at once  :D

Bono's voice was very clear and powerful, especially during 'Running To Stand Still' & 'Red Hill Mining Town'.He was in a very jovial mood, too, and his humour was typical Bono--very self deprecating.I think his humour may have gone over the heads of some younger Italians but they loved it when he spoke their language---he knew he'd mangled a few words here and there but they cheered his effort.

It was a fantastic moment when we all held up the yellow pieces of paper for 'With Or Without You'.There was a long 'thank you' on the back for the RED & ONE campaigns and it mentioned the flash mob in the Olympic Stadium in 2010---I was there, too!

There were quite a few very young children near me, including a woman with a months old baby.The baby had headphones on, which was a relief to see! Another woman directly in front of me brought her three very young children--I think their ages may have ranged from maybe six to 10yrs old---and then she sat them at the end of the row behind while she stayed in the middle! She drank quite a few beers before U2 came on stage and then throughout the concert she tried to make ear plugs out of wet wipes for the kids.She asked people next to her to pass them along, which didn't go down very well, then she kept turning around every 5 minutes, tried to climb over the seat onto my row and she generally P.off a lot of people.It was very bizarre!  I'm sure at one point she asked my sis & I to swap seats so her kids could be near but an Italian woman next to my sis heard & started telling her off for that.I'm all for parents taking their younger kids to concerts, mine did, but this woman went about everything the wrong way.She may have put her kids off attending concerts for life! I think she spoiled the concert for a few people and I'm sure her children weren't happy that they were separated from her.That was a 'first' in 30yrs of attending U2 concerts(I've seen babies at U2 gigs before!)

I was hoping that U2 would play 'A Sort of Homecoming' on Saturday but they played it on Sunday instead  :'( Hopefully, they'll play it in Dublin next Saturday.Anyone got their tickets yet?

They *have* to play A Sort of Homecoming at at least one of the Dublin gigs - hope it's the one you're at!

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2017, 10:35:29 AM »
They *have* to play A Sort of Homecoming at at least one of the Dublin gigs - hope it's the one you're at!

I hope so too.It's the perfect song to play  :)

I haven't received my tickets yet and I'm a little concerned--but Ticketmaster do this every time so it's not unusual.I just wish they wouldn't stress U2 fans by leaving delivery so late.I bought my Rome tickets from TicketOne on Jan 16th and received them a month later.Surely Ticketmaster could do the same? I have my lanyard from Ticketmaster so I should get my tickets...hopefully! 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 11:39:48 AM by AliSPNfan »