Author Topic: Joshua Tree 2017 Blu Ray Release? Thoughts?  (Read 1654 times)

Offline shorne

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Two crap albums in a row and we're done...
Joshua Tree 2017 Blu Ray Release? Thoughts?
« on: May 14, 2017, 08:07:09 AM »
Here's my hope:

I'd love to see a  FULL show- hopefully from an outdoor gig late in the tour when the band has congealed and the songs and rants evolved... and hopefully the bonus material will be made up of other tracks played on the tour but that weren't in the track listing for the featured show.  Also, a weblink for a downloadable audio version of the tracks. 

Maybe also throw in Outside It's America and whatever other Joshua Tree era material they can pack onto a second disk... including the awful godfather themed MTV commercial.  LOL  DO IT!!!! DO IT ALL!!!!  Let's party like it's 1987!

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
Re: Joshua Tree 2017 Blu Ray Release? Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 08:26:28 AM »
Yes! You've got my vote...

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 10:20:26 AM »
Blu Ray and UHD 4k release.  This is the first tour since 1984 that I cannot attend, so outside of seeing video clips from peoples phones and such, I want a proper filmed release to come out.

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 10:47:35 AM »
I think it'll happen. Maybe Paris again

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 11:17:43 AM »
Of course they'll make a blu ray...because if they don't, well, I'll just quit.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 11:34:48 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think it'll happen. Maybe Paris again
That would be the third U2 concert DVD filmed in Paris. They'll most likely film a southwestern U.S. show to fit the theme of the album, or Dublin, if they are even playing there. I don't know, haven't looked into the dates since they were first revealed.

Offline georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 12:02:51 PM »
I'd love it if they chose London this time around, but part of me thinks that's unlikely. It has to be a America show this year. My guess is one of the East Rutherford shows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Detroit, Buffalo
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 12:20:39 PM »
or Rome. London would make sense because it is a large market, they have a strong media presence and U2 have a personal history attached to it.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 12:31:17 PM »
or Rome. London would make sense because it is a large market, they have a strong media presence and U2 have a personal history attached to it.
It would be very cool to see U2 in Rome, good pick.

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 12:38:37 PM »
I'm going to the Rome gig in July and Italians are very passionate about U2 (and just about everything else LOL).I went to the Rome concert on the 360 Tour in 2010 and it was probably the loudest U2 gig I've ever been to, so I'd love to see a Blu-Ray release of that show.I can't wait  :D

Offline SwimmingSorrows

• Refugee
  • Some folks are bound for glory, I was Born to Hang
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 12:46:14 PM »
If they want to go super political, which they might, they'll pick the D.C. show.  Which I would be happy about, because that's the one I'm going to.

Offline mariamontreal

• Numb
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 02:23:04 PM »
Drop all the political talk and make it a total  U2 concert leave the politics for the politicians .Causes like aids fine.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2017, 02:36:13 PM »
no not late in the tour his voice will be worse but yes they will do this. i doubt theyll double dip the special features from the JT 25th DVD but the godfather thing would be funny as an easter egg or something.

Offline bass slap

• Numb
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 03:45:46 PM »
Drop all the political talk and make it a total  U2 concert leave the politics for the politicians .Causes like aids fine.

Good shout. Nothing more divisive than politics. Maybe they should be trying to bring people together, rather than contributing to the problem.

Offline bass slap

• Numb
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2017, 04:08:45 PM »
Regarding the blu ray. unlikely that I would be interested..

The only one I've ever returned to is zootv in Sydney. This is where they were at their peak in my opinion. It's the little things that grate on me nowadays, from their more recent tours...

Apologies to whomever this is likely to offend, but bono just doesn't look great these days.

I don't need the visuals of him performing cheesy rock postures with his dodgy transplant peroxide hair or whatever style he happens to be supporting (typically looks like he's wearing a dead badger) over the top of versions of wowy, one, NYD, MW Pride that sound slightly weaker than the previous tour, from a vocal perspective at least.

Yes the band sounds tighter, and Adam is notably a better player, but it saddens me to see the overall live versions deteriorate.

The crowd participation on the political themes, like the mask wearing, the staged fans joining them.. it just makes me want to stick zootv back on.

For these reasons I'm out.
However, actually watching in person is a slightly different story, and the above sins are less noticeable, probably because you're caught up in the moment.