Author Topic: Will they tour again this year?  (Read 815 times)

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
Re: Will they tour again this year?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 07:52:46 AM »
I previously posted this, but many in here seem overly optimistic of a quick U2 return to America.

Hopefully im wrong, but I wouldn't  be so sure. I wouldn't put anything past U2 at this point, including  the fact we may never see i+e again. You just never know with them.

Hence why im going to 3 shows this leg.

Online georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 03:27:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi everyone, my name is Jason from Salem, Oregon, and I was hoping to get Seattle tickets for this tour, but completely missed out.  I was wondering if anyone knows if they will tour again this year, or in 2018?  I'm planning to upgrade my fan club membership to get early access this time.  Thank you to anyone who knows anything about this.......Jason

Hey Jason, welcome to the atu2 forum!  :D it'd be great to see more dates, but as yet nothing has been announced. There were a couple of dates listed on spotify for the Morumbi stadium in Brazil in October i believe, don't know if that's still listed. So nothing concrete but that could change!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:31:21 PM by georgemccauley »

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 03:35:05 PM »
I think we can logically infer that with the final song being a new song and the final image likely being the new album cover, both are coming soon with tour to follow. I think we'll see the album in 4th quarter 2017, tour announcement sales around Christmas, and the tour opening in arenas in early 2018, as we've seen in the past. That could all be wrong, of course, but using the past as a guide, I'd bet on seeing them again very soon.

Offline flameoffire

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 09:40:27 PM »
Thank you guys.  I caught them in Seattle for 360 but missed these last two tours so I'm hoping there's another soon.

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 05:05:36 PM »
There is definitely going to be another tour most likely 2018 or 2019 .

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 05:57:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I previously posted this, but many in here seem overly optimistic of a quick U2 return to America.

Hopefully im wrong, but I wouldn't  be so sure. I wouldn't put anything past U2 at this point, including  the fact we may never see i+e again. You just never know with them.

Hence why im going to 3 shows this leg.

Same-o. Nothing with U2 is a given. Do people think the band members are 23 years old, able to be on the road over 3 months a year? Experience tour may never happen.

Online georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 06:39:39 PM »
If they do tour again next year, and given that they are pushing 60, I don't think any of us can have any complaints really

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 06:42:48 PM »
Well I am sure when they do stop they will let us know. I don't think they are throwing in the towel just yet . Eventually ,yes.