Author Topic: The first single of SOE is...  (Read 5171 times)

Offline BONO31

• Babyface
Re: The first single of SOE is...
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 01:29:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If this is true it might be the final nail in the coffin for the relationship between me and U2.
Hang on, "Songs of Experience" will be out before the end of the year, and it will be exactly what it is supposed to be: a masterpiece!

Offline miamiborne

• Babyface
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 03:07:09 PM »
I personally really like this song, and think it will be polished/mixed to completion and sound fantastic!  The little things is a great song too, and my expectations for SOE has gone upward. 

Offline MattD

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 03:22:38 PM »
Oh dear god no.

What an abject embarrassment of a song.

Offline jjcruiser

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 03:26:31 PM »
I don't understand how people can be convinced about SOE as a great or terrible album when at most you've only heard a few songs, none of them in finished studio form.  I for one had my impression of Pop radically altered post album by single and live versions, and that was an actual released album.

Offline mc

• Stateless
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2017, 03:32:51 PM »
I think that the impact of SOE could be severely affected if U2 keep letting songs slip out.
Most of us have played 'best thing' and 'the little things' many times now and I think it spoils the flow of a new album when you are familiar with some tracks. Might even be tempted to skip them. Hurry up and release SOE!

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2017, 04:01:49 PM »
if we'd have heard the hong kong mixes of Pop then gotten the Pop album we'd have been in for a shock. some a good shock some a bad shock.

Offline morph

• Refugee
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2017, 12:29:13 PM »
I don't mind going against the wind and saying... I love this song! Can't wait to hear the final version.

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2017, 01:03:13 PM »
If The Best thing IS the proposed next single...then i have no objection to the band never releasing it all. I think its yet another sub par offering from the band. Id be hacked off if it has got a space on the new album. SO much for the next album being in the same vein as Zooropa :'(

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2017, 01:05:22 PM »
Edge criticised the lack of a protest voice from within the music world to the political changes of the last 12-18 months, saying:

“Music has been very muted in its response. The only connect and the only response to what is happening is coming from the women’s movement — they have the vision and they’re doing important grass-roots work”.

Here's an idea, Edge...instead of u2 writing stuff like 'you're the best thing about me' how about writing some hard hitting songs that 'respond' or provide some commentary/protest about whatever it is you are supposedly pi**ed off about...
[/b]

Off all the posts ever posted on this forum, this exactly hits the nail on the head

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2017, 01:10:44 PM »
If The Best thing IS the proposed next single...then i have no objection to the band never releasing it all. I think its yet another sub par offering from the band. Id be hacked off if it has got a space on the new album. SO much for the next album being in the same vein as Zooropa :'(

Was 'Boots' supposed to be a return to U2 attempting experimentation ? It was certainly different to the other noughties songs.

Be careful what you wish for.

Offline This Dave

• Numb
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2017, 01:15:24 PM »
No single until next year. No album until next year.

Why oh why should they wait. I thought it would be PERFECT to bring those things soon during/after the tour. They're popular during that time - more sales

Anyone surprised by this must be new around here.

They had to delay the album next year becuase they have so much new material ready to go and Edge is on fire.  Makes sense, no?

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2017, 01:20:51 PM »
I just hope the album gap isn't longer than the usual 5 years.

The previous album gaps were long enough, now there is TJT tour to take into account. Which is a new factor. The tour won't stop if the demand is there.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:23:43 PM by zoo adam »

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2017, 01:35:10 PM »
The best thing... really??? Little things is so much better...

Are either of these songs about American politics ? Thought not.

Offline This Dave

• Numb
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2017, 01:52:16 PM »
Knowing U2, "The Best Thing" might be a completely different song from what we've heard in that collab with Kygo.

But next year? Here we go.

The chances of this are pretty much certain. If this version is on the album, then the only album they could release is a full on 4/4 dance album. This was the kygo remix and the album version will be a mix between pop/rock

I hope to god that it isn't the version we heard coming out of Bono's beach house windows.  That was a piece of LiteFM schlock.  At least the Kygo version was SOMETHING, instead of some big puff ball of nothing.

Offline This Dave

• Numb
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2017, 01:54:52 PM »
Edge criticised the lack of a protest voice from within the music world to the political changes of the last 12-18 months, saying:

“Music has been very muted in its response. The only connect and the only response to what is happening is coming from the women’s movement — they have the vision and they’re doing important grass-roots work”.

Here's an idea, Edge...instead of u2 writing stuff like 'you're the best thing about me' how about writing some hard hitting songs that 'respond' or provide some commentary/protest about whatever it is you are supposedly pi**ed off about...
[/b]

Off all the posts ever posted on this forum, this exactly hits the nail on the head

Because the song "More Refugees In Your Town But Not Behind My Gated Walls" isn't going to sit well with people.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:57:34 PM by This Dave »