Author Topic: The first single of SOE is...  (Read 4629 times)

Offline mc

• Stateless
Re: The first single of SOE is...
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2017, 04:11:19 PM »
I dislike all the 'rocker' tunes. I skip Miracle. Boots reminds me of Austin Powers for some reason. Cant stand All because of you because its 'up n down' and out of tune and mentions a tortoise. Vertigo is just about bare-able apart from the silly 'aye aye captain'
Please get back to serious songs like all of the JT and before and most of AB and Zooropa

Offline lucas.homem

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2017, 04:55:07 PM »
Tortoises are beautiful animals.

Offline bass slap

• Numb
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2017, 05:26:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I dislike all the 'rocker' tunes. I skip Miracle. Boots reminds me of Austin Powers for some reason. Cant stand All because of you because its 'up n down' and out of tune and mentions a tortoise. Vertigo is just about bare-able apart from the silly 'aye aye captain'
Please get back to serious songs like all of the JT and before and most of AB and Zooropa

What's your stance on the cockatoo?

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2017, 05:55:01 PM »
And what about the poor "dog in the street" from "Every Breaking Wave"?  Do you have something against him too?

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2017, 08:17:35 PM »
Haha, that makes lots of sense, actually! Boots sounds like a knockoff Bond theme, so if Austin Powers is your knockoff Bond film then...

Offline howyousawtheworld

• Wanderer
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2017, 01:04:34 PM »
sh** - just saw this. Really? Ugh.

I can only hope enough time passes between now and the album release for the guys to realise that they have to crash land this piece of sh**.

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »
Still haven't heard the finished tune for best, but I think we have with Little Things...Foxboro last night, loved the whole show, had my first family 4 pak with my wife and kids #Blessed

To be fair/critical, it does seem like they were a bit 'tired and going throught the motions', but when they finally got to play something new they LIT UP!! Little Things does surely sound very current/experience/autobiographical, but it is simply amazing live, holy crap, LOVE the song. #TheLittleThingsThatGiveYouAway1stSingle #LittleThings1stRelease

I think if they make it almost a staple to end every show, it is fair to release Little Things (even a live version as last night would be perfect...their timing as a band was not tighter on any other song and B's last note was pretty crazy!) from SOE while the JT tour is still running, right?

Offline Nagrom76

• Refugee
  • Bacon
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2017, 02:08:16 PM »
For those asking what is a rocker from U2...one could suggest their last kick you in the throat rocker was The Fly. Vertigo and Boots were both made for radio, The Fly was made to f us all up.

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2017, 02:21:53 PM »
For those asking what is a rocker from U2...one could suggest their last kick you in the throat rocker was The Fly. Vertigo and Boots were both made for radio, The Fly was made to f us all up.

"Dad rock". I thought some NLOTH was pretty decent at being rock. The darker stuff ended after POP.

Offline Nagrom76

• Refugee
  • Bacon
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2017, 02:27:56 PM »

"Dad rock". I thought some NLOTH was pretty decent at being rock. The darker stuff ended after POP.

Good point -- NLOTH is a great track.