Author Topic: Is there a CD available with every u2 b-side ever?  (Read 873 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Is there a CD available with every u2 b-side ever?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 06:43:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Best of 1990-2000 also had B Sides

right thats been mentioned. he wants all of them not a handful of the 90s ones.

Your not going to get them all. Collecting is a black hole.

huh? i've got them all though...all the deluxes, the 90+ singles ive got... i mean...i'm confident i'm not missing any.

If you don't have yellow version of x released in Guam in 1982 you don't have them all.

i have all the b-sides. which is what we were discussing. no i don't have a physical copy of every cd printed. you're right...

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • http://www.u2gigs.com/myshows/31519
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 08:08:21 PM »
Its a black hole that you can't get out of.

Offline JonD

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 07:17:04 PM »
Agreed. It's a black hole. Took almost 20 years but I have every album release (vinyl/cd) and most of the cd/vinyl singles (though not international variants). Just completed the original 12 inch vinyl singles for JT.  But the Australian single OTH (? I think) still eludes me as does ROK Fire. I love the hunt but it can get crazy. Be warned.  Lol!!

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • http://www.u2gigs.com/myshows/31519
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 10:03:34 AM »
Agreed. It's a black hole. Took almost 20 years but I have every album release (vinyl/cd) and most of the cd/vinyl singles (though not international variants). Just completed the original 12 inch vinyl singles for JT.  But the Australian single OTH (? I think) still eludes me as does ROK Fire. I love the hunt but it can get crazy. Be warned.  Lol!!

Discogs and Ebay are your friend. I gave up a long time ago then both of those sites happened and I doubled my collection. I got OTH at least 25 years after release.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2017, 10:23:38 AM »
I get with the proliferation of random remixes and live stuff, it's hard to find all the more recent b-sides and stuff, but the deluxe versions of Boy, October, War, TUF, and TJT should all come with the complete b-sides for each album.  AB comes darn close, barring a few remixes, I think.  But there's way too much material to fit on a single CD, anyway.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2017, 12:20:01 PM »
I get with the proliferation of random remixes and live stuff, it's hard to find all the more recent b-sides and stuff, but the deluxe versions of Boy, October, War, TUF, and TJT should all come with the complete b-sides for each album.  AB comes darn close, barring a few remixes, I think.  But there's way too much material to fit on a single CD, anyway.

\NLOTH had tons of remixes/live stuff and the song NLOTH 2. Winter and Soon were released on vinyl only. Or maybe Winter wasn't released? i dont remember the story on that, outside if being on the Linear DVD.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:21:55 PM by THRILLHO »

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2017, 04:51:21 PM »

\NLOTH had tons of remixes/live stuff and the song NLOTH 2. Winter and Soon were released on vinyl only. Or maybe Winter wasn't released? i dont remember the story on that, outside if being on the Linear DVD.

Yeah, I admittedly lost interest in the b-sides after ATYCLB, though I did download a few from HTDAAB, U218, and NLOTH 2 when I saw I could get them on iTunes for a buck a piece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline vertigofly40

• Wanderer
  • The world turns and we get dizzy
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2017, 05:31:07 PM »
Not sure if it fits the B-Sides catgegory completely but the fan club CD "Medium, Rare & Remastered" featured some great B-Sides like "Fast Cars" and "Neon Lights."  It was a fan club exclusive so I'm not sure how hard it is to track down.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2017, 05:45:22 PM »
Not sure if it fits the B-Sides catgegory completely but the fan club CD "Medium, Rare & Remastered" featured some great B-Sides like "Fast Cars" and "Neon Lights."  It was a fan club exclusive so I'm not sure how hard it is to track down.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

the fast cars "demo" Xanax and Wine is whats on MR&M. Neon Lights is the Verigto b-side.

wait MR&M was a double disc?! *goes to check and see how many discs his is...* ok it's 2 i just never ripped the 2nd disc i already had those all

Yeah, I admittedly lost interest in the b-sides after ATYCLB, though I did download a few from HTDAAB, U218, and NLOTH 2 when I saw I could get them on iTunes for a buck a piece.

obviously you aren't missing much. Winter, Soon and Crystal Ballroom are the best non-album tracks of the past decade.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:50:18 PM by THRILLHO »

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2017, 06:01:33 PM »

the fast cars "demo" Xanax and Wine is whats on MR&M. Neon Lights is the Verigto b-side.

wait MR&M was a double disc?! *goes to check and see how many discs his is...* ok it's 2 i just never ripped the 2nd disc i already had those all

obviously you aren't missing much. Winter, Soon and Crystal Ballroom are the best non-album tracks of the past decade.

I did get the version on SOI with the bonus tracks. I just have NLOTH 2 from that album...I'd consider getting the ones you mentioned if they were available, but I'm not much a fan of that album/era.