Author Topic: Official Santa Clara Thread ** Spoilers** 17 May 2017  (Read 7711 times)

Offline Achtung Ninja

• Babyface
Re: Official Santa Clara Thread ** Spoilers** 17 May 2017
« Reply #180 on: May 18, 2017, 03:10:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Im in agreement with everyone too. Vancouver was a let down. Seattle was fantastic even with the still awkward encore. However as we all know they added IWF. Surely the band will be noting the reactions of the audiences as the tour progresses, and make adjustments. Im really surprised - after the quite obvious to the band - euphoria of I Will Follow on Sunday, that they reverted last night to the Vancouver ending.

They left Bad in, after it went off in Seattle!!! How they think the current encore works is beyond me.

Still, a really good show though. Just needs tweaking.

Yes after a little thought, I'd say a little tweaking would be better.  i+e Tour had a better setlist and it was designed to leave the crowd on a high note.

I'm a huge fan of Bad as was glad it was performed.  Miss Sarajevo was more of a miss than a hit.  I think i needs to be reworked.

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2017, 03:45:59 PM »
Also, was it me or did Larry seem more miserable than usual during the show? I know he's typically stone-faced throughout, but he still gives the occasional wave, smile, or nod a few times during a concert.

I noticed it during the i+e gigs that I saw....

He was in love playing Electric Co, Gloria, I Will Follow, Bad, California, but, he looked miserable playing the rest.

From the footage I've seen, he seems to be loving NYD this tour. Can't comment on anything else though

Offline zummo

• Babyface
« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2017, 04:40:35 PM »
for those that want until the end of the world back, I came away thinking to bad Exit got shelved for 28 years for end of the world. You cant really play both, and Exit is way better (to me). Highlight of the show

Offline Number1U2fan

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "we're one..but we're not the same..."
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2017, 05:06:37 PM »
This to me, would be ideal:

01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - A Sort of Homecoming / America (snippet)
04 - MLK
05 - Bad / America (snippet)
06 - Pride (In the Name of Love)

07 - Where the Streets Have No Name
08 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
09 - With or Without You
10 - Bullet the Blue Sky
11 - Running to Stand Still
12 - Red Hill Mining Town
13 - In God's Country
14 - Trip Through Your Wires
15 - One Tree Hill
16 - Exit / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
17 - Mothers of the Disappeared

18 - Beautiful Day
19 - Elevation Until The End Of The World
20 - Ultra Violet (Light My Way) Acrobat
21 - One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
22 - Miss Sarajevo / The New Colossus (snippet) Please
23 - The Little Things That Give You Away
24 - I Will Follow, Out Of Control or 11 O'clock Tick Tock

I could go for this big time. I just hope they don't end with Little Things on Saturday Rose Bowl show the one I'm attending then close with something else on Sunday. They've shown in the past and especially during the I&E Tour that the 2nd night would get a change up. Should have a lot of VIP's and Hollyweird types there so hopefully they squeeze out something extra !!! Come on lads do it!!! Follow, Gloria, Tic Toc!! Something!

Offline dublinireland

• Wanderer
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2017, 05:11:35 PM »
was that Edge's wife on the screen painting the building and lassoing with the rope?
I don't know how to insert a picture here.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2017, 05:14:40 PM »
was that Edge's wife on the screen painting the building and lassoing with the rope?
Someone on this thread, or maybe another, mentioned that it was Morleigh.

Spacejunk69

« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2017, 05:27:43 PM »
Someone on this thread, or maybe another, mentioned that it was Morleigh.

Yes, it is.

Offline singanewsong

• Babyface
« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2017, 07:57:57 PM »
Agreed - it was a good show - maybe great but definitely not the best I have seen.  We were in GA and I found the crowd where we were to be rather rude and inconsiderate, which is uncharacteristic for a U2 GA crowd.  I was quite disappointed as I have been to several shows and been in GA and it's always been a very positive and fun experience.  It was my husband's first U2 show and I really wanted the experience to be like all the epic ones I have had in the past. 

The encore was a bit of a let down admittedly - JT was kind of clunky in the beginning but it got better, it was not even all that bad when they tanked WOWY...hey - they are human right?  3rd show...still some things to work out. 

I still got to see U2, live, up close so I really can't complain.  I look forward to the next tour and sincerely hope it's an arena tour rather than stadium.  I will NEVER go to another event @ Levi's Stadium again.  Their mismanagement of this event on all levels let a really bad taste in my mouth. 

Offline U2cali

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2017, 09:27:51 PM »
I was at the show last night and thought it was great! I agree that with some minor tweaks it can be so much better. I also agree that they should end the show with a different song, I Will Follw was perfect! I think adding a song like Please would add that extra something needed to bring home the theme of TJT and round out the concert.

Offline noelle510

• Refugee
  • Anytime you're on the earth...is kissing time
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2017, 09:32:33 PM »
I feel like if you go to a U2 show, you should understand the band's spirit and history. Which is why I was totally confused by the super vocal Trump supporter behind me. During Pride of all songs, he started chanting "Build that wall!" over and over. He sprinkled that and other Trump slogans during the set, and at the end of the proper set, he complained about how U2's fans were all a bunch of "p**** libs". The Exit video did not go over well with him.

Why would you come to a U2 show of all things if you feel that way? I hope they personally use his $150 ticket for the Red campaign.

Regardless, I thought MOTD, Exit, and One Tree Hill were the best JT album tracks. RHMT really struggled through a muddy opening half, though I don't know how much of that was the stadium's sound. As someone who was a bit skeptical about the show going in (and not thrilled about seats rather than GA), I really enjoyed it and particularly liked the subdued visuals.
OMG. Maybe this guy won a ticket and thought it was the show to go to.

Offline noelle510

• Refugee
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2017, 09:41:40 PM »
Complaints about the stadium:

Offline noelle510

• Refugee
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2017, 09:45:00 PM »
and a good review of concert:

Offline ultravioletlight

• Numb
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2017, 12:41:32 AM »
Guys, they aren't playing Acrobat any time soon. Not sure why people think they might.

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
Official Santa Clara Thread ** Spoilers** 17 May 2017
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2017, 05:57:50 AM »
Guys, they aren't playing Acrobat any time soon. Not sure why people think they might.

Right?  I bet if you gave them the sheet music they probably wouldn't even be able to play it.  They have made it abundantly clear that they have moved on from this song.

acrobat is in my top five, but I almost prefer they leave it alone.  There's something to be said for maintaining the mystique about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:00:45 AM by aviastar »

Offline ZEROpartII

• Child of Grace
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »
If I could hack it, I would just change all the slides to different pictures of Joe Pesci.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Lmao.  Much better