Author Topic: TJT Heads to SA- what does this mean for SOE?  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: TJT Heads to SA- what does this mean for SOE?
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2017, 08:26:42 AM »
Big delay.

Probably Fall of 2018 at earliest in my opinion.

After this tour (which is obviously expanding), the guys will need a break, and it might be smart to let U2 go away for a year or so.

Offline u2chamonix

• Stateless
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2017, 08:59:53 AM »
I d say:

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

Offline This Dave

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2017, 09:33:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I got a feeling SOE will not see the light of day but probably turn into a whole new project in the end.

Because, you know, Donald Trump...

Donald Trump ate my homework

Offline This Dave

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2017, 09:40:10 AM »
As much as I love this band, this is typical bull$hit - and it's getting old, literally.  If it doesn't come out this year, it's not coming out at all.  They've been pulling this for the past decade: the abandoned Rick Rubin sessions, the dance album, the SOA, "we have over 50 songs completed", the Jimmy Fallon spectacle, etc, etc, etc, etc.  And astonishingly, people buy the bull$hit (literally) and hold out hope they'll do as they say.  The real genius defining the narrative of their legacy isn't their music; but rather how they convince the fan base the sand they're drinking is water - and it's growing pathetic.  It's snake oil business.  Wise up.
At this point, The Stones hold more integrity remaining true to themselves and their fan base by never making any bones they're only hanging around for another paycheck.

I can see the Bono quote now: "We were thinking about this, and asked ourselves 'Isn't it unhealthy NOT to do some tours just for the money?' "
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:49:15 AM by This Dave »

Offline This Dave

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2017, 09:41:25 AM »
Cant be a new album next year as it is the 30th anniversary of Rattle and Hum, the movie. Am sure they wouldn't miss the opportunity to re-release that, perhaps combining video from the original with the current JT tour. It is a musical journey afterall. Perhaps make a movie about making the movie and release that.

- sarcasm button now switching to off.

You joke, but...

Offline This Dave

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2017, 09:46:10 AM »
As much as I love this band, this is typical bull$hit - and it's getting old, literally.  If it doesn't come out this year, it's not coming out at all.  They've been pulling this for the past decade: the abandoned Rick Rubin sessions, the dance album, the SOA, "we have over 50 songs completed", the Jimmy Fallon spectacle, etc, etc, etc, etc.  And astonishingly, people buy the bull$hit (literally) and hold out hope they'll do as they say.  The real genius defining the narrative of their legacy isn't their music; but rather how they convince the fan base the sand they're drinking is water - and it's growing pathetic.  It's snake oil business.  Wise up.
At this point, The Stones hold more integrity remaining true to themselves and their fan base by never making any bones they're only hanging around for another paycheck.

Let me apologise in lieu of the band for them missing the 5 nights on Jimmy Fallon.  Bono really did go to extraordinary lengths to contrive an excuse for missing that promised appearance - though one must admire the courage and commitment that saw him throw himself over his handlebars at speed shattering limb and face.

For me I'm pretty happy for U2 to release what they want, when they want. 

True.  I was referring to the Jimmy Fallon spectacle at the beginning of 2014 when they shouted from a mountaintop (literally) about the new album.  Granted they released it at the end of the year, it still follows the pattern.  And yes, you are correct, given the horrendous accident with Bono it is lucky they are still functioning.  However it does not discount they have been baiting and switching almost every step of the way for nearly a decade now.  That is fact and it's rightfully frustrating to a lot of people.

I think some are missing this point because of how time flies. This isn't something that happens once in awhile. It's how they've operated for almost ten years. So, roughly the amount of time between Boy and AB. That's not a blip in their career.

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2017, 11:24:33 AM »
that might extend the tour by a couple of weeks only
they're not gonna play 20 dates in south america

Offline cocamojoe

• Refugee
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2017, 11:53:20 AM »
Hold your ti*s, everyone. Even if U2 did expand down to Latin America, judging by their three tours that have made it down there (PopMart, Vertigo, and 360°), it's doubtful that they'd even play as many as 10 shows. Seriously, go and look up their tour dates for those three tours.

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2017, 12:08:36 PM »
Hold your ti*s, everyone. Even if U2 did expand down to Latin America, judging by their three tours that have made it down there (PopMart, Vertigo, and 360°), it's doubtful that they'd even play as many as 10 shows. Seriously, go and look up their tour dates for those three tours.

I think when the Columbus date last year was released, everyone had this idea that tour would continue in the fall of 17. The JT dates lined up perfectly for Bono to take his vacation in France in August, release SOE in September then tour in October.

Offline mariamontreal

• Numb
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2017, 12:51:49 PM »
I stand by my prediction album 2018 tour 2019 they will definitely take a long break.

Offline jrodr079

• Stateless
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2017, 01:19:33 PM »

I think when the Columbus date last year was released, everyone had this idea that tour would continue in the fall of 17. The JT dates lined up perfectly for Bono to take his vacation in France in August, release SOE in September then tour in October.

Yeah, that Columbus leak certainly didn't do U2 any favors.

Online jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2017, 01:58:02 PM »
I think everyone needs to take a breath for a second here!  What do we have? An alleged comment from The Edge when asked about future South American shows, where he says "They're going to be amazing."

U2 are currently touring US/Europe for a long-ago-announced TJT30 anniversary tour.  The best mail we seem to have at the moment is that the band plan to release SOE later this year following the conclusion of the tour.  A tour on which we have the band closing with a new song all but confirmed by Bono as being from SOE, concluding with a photograph widely expected to be the SOE cover.  Those are actions strongly pointing towards an SOE release later this year as expected.  Edge could well have been speaking in relation to the presumed world tour we'd expect to see following release of SOE.

I'm skeptical to about the comment that was heard. I've read that any announcement about a South American tour isn't supposed to happen until this weekend.

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2017, 02:48:22 PM »
What is the history of U2 tours in the last 20 years. Have they always been extended ?

If yes, then there is no reason why TJT wouldn't be extended. Perhaps by several months if the demand is there, as it was originally a short tour.

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2017, 02:54:41 PM »
It seems SOE may be delayed again.

U2 can simply say they are giving the public what they want, by extending TJT tour. If the new shows sell out, who can argue ?

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2017, 05:22:30 PM »
I think everyone needs to take a breath for a second here!  What do we have? An alleged comment from The Edge when asked about future South American shows, where he says "They're going to be amazing."

U2 are currently touring US/Europe for a long-ago-announced TJT30 anniversary tour.  The best mail we seem to have at the moment is that the band plan to release SOE later this year following the conclusion of the tour.  A tour on which we have the band closing with a new song all but confirmed by Bono as being from SOE, concluding with a photograph widely expected to be the SOE cover.  Those are actions strongly pointing towards an SOE release later this year as expected.  Edge could well have been speaking in relation to the presumed world tour we'd expect to see following release of SOE.

I'm skeptical to about the comment that was heard. I've read that any announcement about a South American tour isn't supposed to happen until this weekend.

He was probably tired and forgot he wasn't supposed to say anything