Which would you prefer?

New Album but no more touring
24 (63.2%)
Touring only and no more new music
12 (31.6%)
Call it quits
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: New Music or Tour Only after TJT30  (Read 707 times)

Offline teacher_mommy_u2fan

• Stateless
  • Dreaming Out Loud
Re: New Music or Tour Only after TJT30
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 03:43:34 PM »
None of the above. I want them to keep touring and making new music. I just saw Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and they still can blow the roof off an arena. There's no reason U2 cannot do the same into their 60s, if they so choose.

Online acrobat62

• Elevated
  • I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 05:38:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The boys seem to be at some sort of turning point or are just continuing the turn to 360.  Anyway, which would you prefer to see once TJT30 is done? I know the vast majority would pick new music and touring, so I did not include that as part of the poll.

I think ultimately I would pick new music only given this choice.  I think they could do this for much longer then just being a touring act (Regardless of what the Stones or Who do)  This may free them up to be a bit more carefree and adventurous, but who knows.  In the end, they have earned the right to do whatever the hell they wish.

To clarify, see above, as I think everyone would select new music and touring, myself included.

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 06:23:27 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
None of the above. I want them to keep touring and making new music. I just saw Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and they still can blow the roof off an arena. There's no reason U2 cannot do the same into their 60s, if they so choose.

Saw Tom Petty on May 5th. Great show. But NO COMPARISON to U2.