Author Topic: SOI  (Read 1190 times)

Offline jjcruiser

• Intellectual Tortoise
SOI
« on: May 17, 2017, 11:04:35 PM »
For some reason I've been listening to SOI a lot lately.  It's not that I'm not going or excited for this new JT tour, but, sheesh, I've probably listened to Joshua Tree thousands of times.  SOI maybe 1/10th that.

I hope they go back to it for the next tour.  A few of those songs I not only really liked, but loved them live.  Wolves and Cedarwood really stand out.  Could have added Iris to the encore of this tour as well. 

Offline aviastar

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
Re: SOI
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 05:11:24 AM »
This album was brought to life by the I+E tour.  I really enjoy SOI and hope it gets more service time next tour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 05:25:15 AM »
How funny that this thread was started now...I picked SOI to work out to yesterday for the first time in weeks! And, yeah, I still love it. It's not quite as good of a workout as Boy, AB or POP, but it's a nice way to spend time.

Offline rlabs19

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 07:25:41 AM »
I don't hate the album, but I certainly wouldn't replace any songs in the current set with a song from SOI.

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 07:46:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't hate the album, but I certainly wouldn't replace any songs in the current set with a song from SOI.
Right, SOI songs wouldn't fit at all in the current set...but I do hope they bring some of it back for SOE. I mean, they have to, really...

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 09:35:25 AM »
I've probably listened to it 5 times.

Offline aviastar

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 09:43:13 AM »
I think Miracle, RBW, EBW, Troubles, Iris and Cedarwood Road are just really powerful and great songs.  I really got into Miracle live...I like when the crowd gets really into it.

I read a reviewer who originally panned the album but came around to it after seeing I+E.  Well, I liked the album from the start but REALLY got into after seeing I+E.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 09:27:03 PM »
Does anyone have the vinyl? Is it all white, or just the ones sold on Amazon?

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 11:24:34 PM »
Iris could flow really well ultraviolet. This issue is some of it is too personal which is why I don't think it will appear on future tours like HTDAAB hasnt

Offline YouGoOn

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 05:55:51 AM »
SOI is probably my 3rd favorite U2 album. And yeah, I really hope it doesn't get left behind in future tours...

Offline JFW

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Lookin' in the places where no flowers grow
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 06:00:38 AM »
The original release is white. No black ones.

There are Record Store Day versions, which are black vinyl. They're more expensive and limited.

Offline very good

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 08:23:00 AM »
Crushingly disappointing. Their worst album by some distance.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 08:47:05 AM »
The original release is white. No black ones.

There are Record Store Day versions, which are black vinyl. They're more expensive and limited.

I have the original pressing black vinyl. I have never opened it. It's this one...

It was released under the radar in time for the grammys. Very very limited indeed. This differs from the record store day one. Limited to 300 copies.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:55:27 AM by eddyjedi »

Offline Smee

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 12:34:47 PM »
I really like SoI album. Thinking about it, it is quite possibly my fave u2 album of the new Millenium. Really loved the tour too

Offline jjcruiser

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 02:46:26 PM »
I didn't mean, btw, that I think it's their best album of all time, or that I don't prefer something else from more recent times.  (Honestly I probably like Atomic and All You Can't better).  It's just that it's interesting to have a significant tour on a brilliant album, then only two years later launch another tour for an album they did 30 years ago, and even though I know I'm going to the concert tomorrow, I'm not going back and re-listening to Joshua Tree--I'm going back and listening to SOI and kind of wishing tomorrow was more of the I&E tour.  I think that's odd of them to do it in a way that doesn't include any of the recent stuff and odd of me to still be wired to SOI even though I acknowledge JT's overall greatness.  Maybe it was just how highly I thought of I&E.  I'd been to everything since ZooTV and I thought it was the best show I've ever seen.