Author Topic: current set list  (Read 2702 times)

Offline zoo world order

• Babyface
current set list
« on: May 17, 2017, 11:44:37 PM »
Having seen U2 live on every tour since the love town tour in 89 And recently in Vancouver I just did not feel playing the whole tree album in sequence is working. Once they came to red hill mining town I felt the whole show just slumped and did not recover.

I'm sorry to say it but I think they need to shake up the running order of the songs. I thought the I and E show had much more energy.

Offline Argo

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I Am Here
Re: current set list
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 02:06:31 AM »
Playing JT in order doesn't worry me nearly as much as the ending. Miss Sarajevo and an unknown song to finish simply doesn't work and the reinvention of Ultraviolet into something it isn't doesn't make sense and Elevation is just out of place.

Online Neil Young, man!

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 04:39:48 AM »
I love the idea of concept albums and prefer the original sequence even if the show slumps a bit. I have seen Bruce Springsteen play a couple of shows where he did whole albums and his shows slumped too - and it's OK! They should pay more attention to the bits before and after TJT section and make sure to nail those. The encore especially does not seem tone working based on comments from those who have seen the shows.

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
current set list
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 05:07:43 AM »
I like the set list as is.  What U2 fans would really be leaving early?? That just seems crazy.  Especially considering they are ending on a new song, and we haven't had any new material in almost 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 05:13:44 AM by aviastar »

Offline U2_One

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • You Miss Too Much These Days If You Stop To Think
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 09:02:28 AM »
Initially, I wasn't sure about TJT in running order because structuring an album and structuring a setlist aren't likely to entirely be one and the same. Haven't been to a JT concert yet, but from what I've heard in the shows so far, I like how it's worked out. As for the rest of the setlist, I wouldn't say no to an additional song or two in the encore.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:13:45 AM by U2_One »

Offline zedg

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • *POP*
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 09:51:11 AM »
How good would it be if they ripped into Silver and Gold.

OK Edge play the blues.
EPIC. Who would not flip out.

And then straight after.... Hawkmoon..
.. I need your love!... wahhhawahwhahahhah  guitar goin off.
Huge.

Anyway, they got this massive expensive screen.. not turning it on at the start for however long... just seems like a waste. Should be epic from the start. Starting with the album and Streets would be a sweet alternative to the current set. Then every second song a non-album track.

Eg,
Streets
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Still Haven't Found
Pride
With or Without You
New Years Day
Bullet
Bad
Running Stand
A Sort of Homecoming
Red Hill
Gloria
In God's Country

The feeling/tempo of the two song combo would work nicely leading into the next JT song.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 10:11:26 AM by zedg »

Offline macky0104

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 10:01:37 AM »
I personally think this tour is the worse decision of their career. I just find it all a little sad that they have come to this when they don't have to do it. I just don't think the album works at all and some of the tracks are very weak when compared to their other stuff.

In the interview that Bono gave in the Irish Examiner I thought it was striking how he said that if it was up to him they would now be touring the new songs.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 12:17:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What U2 fans would really be leaving early?? That just seems crazy.

They're Joshua Tree fans, not U2 fans. This is what happens when you tour a 30 year-old album.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 12:30:53 PM »
I personally think this tour is the worse decision of their career. I just find it all a little sad that they have come to this when they don't have to do it. I just don't think the album works at all and some of the tracks are very weak when compared to their other stuff.

In the interview that Bono gave in the Irish Examiner I thought it was striking how he said that if it was up to him they would now be touring the new songs.

The album doesn't work at all?
Tell that to 25 million other people mate.

Offline Perico

• Stateless
  • Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 05:29:38 PM »
I think this tours' Exit sounds better (including Bono) than the original JT Tour one.

Offline lucas.homem

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 06:37:40 PM »
I think playing the album in sequence is working pretty nicely.

Offline ZEROpartII

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 08:00:26 PM »

U2 is a legacy act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You better get right before this happens . . .

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 10:39:16 AM »
The wheels come off at 100mph into a brick wall during Miss Sarajevo, they need to replace that with a high energy tune like I Will Follow or another of their political tunes

Offline fardreamer

• Child of Grace
  • The best things are easy to destroy
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 03:51:12 PM »
I never liked the idea of a tour based solely on nostalgia.

Having said that, they're closing with a new song.  What fan wouldn't want to hear that?

Ultimately,  it's the band who decide things. They own the art,  they get to decide how to present it.

People will always complain. I love how people whine that hearing Elevation again is such a massive bore, but lack the self awareness to see that reading post #852144 on the topic is also a massive bore.

Offline Spacejunk69

• Numb
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 10:25:04 PM »
Playing JT in order doesn't worry me nearly as much as the ending. Miss Sarajevo and an unknown song to finish simply doesn't work and the reinvention of Ultraviolet into something it isn't doesn't make sense and Elevation is just out of place.

This.