Author Topic: Is it bad.......  (Read 823 times)

Offline ABLE-U2

• Wanderer
Is it bad.......
« on: May 18, 2017, 02:20:39 AM »
......that I don't want this tour to continue on after its offical last date, as by the main page that Edge hints at Brazil dates?

I just like that it's a quick mini tour to revisit the Joshua Tree and that's that. I am ok with that but if they keep adding dates then it becomes this big official tour off the back of an old record.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:25:32 AM by ABLE-U2 »

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
Re: Is it bad.......
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 04:29:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
......that I don't want this tour to continue on after its offical last date, as by the main page that Edge hints at Brazil dates?

I just like that it's a quick mini tour to revisit the Joshua Tree and that's that. I am ok with that but if they keep adding dates then it becomes this big official tour off the back of an old record.

Thoughts?

Of course its not bad to feel like that. In my opinion, you are 100% correct for many reasons.

The more interesting point is what does this mean for the future of U2? These are hard questions to answer honestly.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 05:58:38 AM by jrodr079 »

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • TODAY IS THE DAY !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 05:33:01 AM »
I think it's great if they visit SA again...those folks deserve a treat. Having said that, if this delays the SOE tour, well, I'm just being selfish, so won't finish my thought!

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 06:00:09 AM »
Having said that, if this delays the SOE tour, well, I'm just being selfish, so won't finish my thought!

Your thought is loud and clear riffraff. And yes, it will delay everything (more than likely).

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 08:24:06 AM »
I figured this would happen.

It's about money.

I wasn't exactly sure how this tour would sell, but it has obviusly sold very well...hence more shows, more money.

This in turn will most likely cause a snarl in the release of SOE, I'm betting Fall of 2018 at earliest, with tour to start in Fall or maybe Spring 2019.

Can't be in two places at once, and U2 is red hot with this tour. Hard to walk away from a sure thing.

Offline ShankAsu

• Child of Grace
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 10:35:15 AM »
They should release SOE and start the new tour in SA without a break from the JT30 tour, and contiue into the regions of the world they've been neglecting for a while.  Might then be a few years before they come back to NA and Europe and they can finish off the tour there.  They need to break the mold of starting each tour in Vancouver and heading south to the Western half of the US. 

Offline ColseU2

• Wanderer
  • Dream outloud
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 10:56:44 AM »
If it delays the next album then yes it's a bad thing however from what I've seen SA crowds are the best and the band deserve a rocking loud crowd for a great DVD and for themselves...when I went to London on the IE tour everyone was sat down apart from me and we had great seats. Crowds seem worse than ever so far from what I can see and hear on YouTube videos.

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 11:01:27 AM »
At this point I don't really care for a SOE tour. I just want the album in my hands. It may not even be the same arena show when it starts again. The screen technology is 3 years old now. They may change a lot about the show.

Online OnlyU2

• Acrobat
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 11:07:37 AM »
Adding more dates to TJT tour just prolongs the I&E tour.  SO just release SOE and worry about the I&E tour later....

Offline sebastianIM

• Wanderer
  • Until The End Of The World
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 11:16:13 AM »
Man, we've been waiting since 360 tour, it's been a really long time and if they don't come now, then it'd probably be another couple or 3 years wait.
I'm absurdly happy that the rumors place them here in 6 months or so, so don't dare you suggest they take that away from us

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • TODAY IS THE DAY !!!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 11:18:53 AM »
Man, we've been waiting since 360 tour, it's been a really long time and if they don't come now, then it'd probably be another couple or 3 years wait.
I'm absurdly happy that the rumors place them here in 6 months or so, so don't dare you suggest they take that away from us
I hope, for your sake, that they do visit your country...I said earlier that you deserve to see them again! ...as long as they hurry back and do the SOE tour.  :)

Offline lucas.homem

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 11:39:43 AM »
Yea, because every U2 tour should only be played at the same places... and I, as a brazilian, shouldn't have the privilege of going to this tour, just like they didn't come here in any of the 80s tours, ZooTV, Elevation and I&E.

This is already a tour touring an old album. I know some people want to pretend it is not. But it is.

Offline georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 10:40:10 AM »
Who says it could be JT dates? Could be the next leg of I+E

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 12:12:37 PM »
I want the tour to end right after i see them Twice in London. Then, the following day, release the album, then the band announce a 20 date residency somewhere in Scotland, commencing the following week  ;D