Author Topic: 6 AM Wristbands...& Queuing  (Read 760 times)

Offline 51U2

• Stranger in a Strange Land
6 AM Wristbands...& Queuing
« on: May 18, 2017, 01:37:24 PM »
Hi there! I purchased tickets for my parents, and from the looks of things, GA queuing and the credit card entry is a mess! From what I understand, Live Nation reps are on-site at 6am to hand out numbered wristbands for fans wanting to queue up early (once official line-ups open up around 2pm). My folks will be traveling during that time but I can be there to get the wristbands that early if needed.

Do my parents need to be there with me? And - will the Live Nation reps secure the wristband on me or do they hand out the wristband un-fastened? And - can I hand it off to my parents when they arrive later that morning, day-of concert?

ANY insights/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Offline cocamojoe

• Refugee
Re: 6 AM Wristbands...& Queuing
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 03:33:31 PM »
I'm also curious if everyone in the party must be present at the same time to receive wristbands, assuming that LiveNation continues thus into Pittsburgh, where I have GA tix. There are four of us on the same credit card, and I am guaranteed to be the only one available to go early: one is a widowed, single mother of 2; and, the other two work "regular jobs" (I'm taking the day off, but my job doesn't start me until 4pm).

Naturally, if possible, I would like to obtain wristbands for all of us if possible; and, if I line up before the others are able to join me (including the mom, whose credit card our tickets are all on), I'll be damned if some self-professed line nazi tries to tell me that they can't join me at my spot.

Offline dublinireland

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 05:04:48 PM »
how many do you think each person in line should get for those that aren't there? is there a limit?
doesn't seem too fair to the others (behind them) that have made arrangements and sacrifices to stand in line. and you have to think about how you (if not you, then the majority) would feel if everyone did that in front of you and you were no longer as close to the front as you thought because people that weren't there are now in front.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 05:21:37 PM by dublinireland »

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 05:23:12 PM »
What concert is this?

Offline cocamojoe

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 05:38:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
how many do you think each person in line should get for those that aren't there? is there a limit?
doesn't seem too fair to the others (behind them) that have made arrangements and sacrifices to stand in line. and you have to think about how you (if not you, then the majority) would feel if everyone did that in front of you and you were no longer as close to the front as you thought because people that weren't there are now in front.
People arrive early at restaurants and bars all the time to secure a table before the rush.

Offline d.darroch

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 02:43:03 PM »
Haha, this is a concert, not a restaurant, totally different thing. You wait in line for that GA rail spot, you don't get your friend to save it! Get Red Zone if you want a guaranteed spot closer to the rail. You can't seriously tell me that you'd be happy to be waiting in line as #100, only to find out that come opening time you'd be #400, because like you, everyone in front of you was saving a spot for 3 friends. You blame the line nazis, sounds like common courtesy to me.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:51:59 PM by d.darroch »

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 02:56:38 PM »
I would go with what the specific venue is saying the procedure would be. If they're giving out numbered wristbands and say come back at a certain time, then get the wristbands and do whatever until they say it's time to line up. If there's a general idea that you should be in line the whole time, then yeah, probably best to stay there aside from the occasional bathroom break/food run.

They will most likely give out wristbands to whoever is there, so I don't think you'll be able to just grab three for you and two absent friends or family members. The three of you will probably have to get them at the same time.

Offline dublinireland

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 03:21:37 PM »
People arrive early at restaurants and bars all the time to secure a table before the rush.

apples and oranges

Offline cocamojoe

• Refugee
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 04:14:05 PM »

apples and oranges
In the sense that there is so much space on the floor that it won't tangibly effect anyone behind me, then you're right in referring to it as apples and oranges.

Offline d.darroch

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 06:21:38 PM »

apples and oranges
In the sense that there is so much space on the floor that it won't tangibly effect me if I wait for my guests before lining up, then you're right in referring to it as apples and oranges.
Fixed it for you  ;)

Offline dublinireland

• Wanderer
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 06:45:11 PM »

apples and oranges
In the sense that there is so much space on the floor that it won't tangibly effect anyone behind me, then you're right in referring to it as apples and oranges.

that's pretty funny.
what if you aren't the only one doing it?
wait until you wait for hours and people come at the last minute, push into and right in front of you and you end up further and further back. attitude always depends on if you are the giver (of bad behavior) or the receiver (of the bad behavior). we'll have to disagree because I would never cut in front of anyone. I wait my turn and treat others how I want to be treated. And luckily I'm not alone in that feeling because all the people around me (that waited for hours) had a big problem with people squeezing in front of them and pushing them out..total disregard for others. enjoy the concert.

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
  • Fourty-five lightyears from home
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 08:30:39 PM »
Yep, if I'm wanting to be at the rail, I'm waking my butt up early and am sitting in line all day. That's how it should be. Otherwise it gets pretty ridiculous.

Offline cocamojoe

• Refugee
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2017, 07:17:13 AM »

apples and oranges

that's pretty funny.
wait until you wait for hours and people come at the last minute, push into and right in front of you and you end up further and further back. attitude always depends on if you are the giver (of bad behavior) or the receiver (of the bad behavior). we'll have to disagree because I would never cut in front of anyone. I wait my turn and treat others how I want to be treated. And luckily I'm not alone in that feeling because all the people around me (that waited for hours) had a big problem with people squeezing in front of them and pushing them out..total disregard for others. enjoy the concert.
Your choice of words (i.e., "squeezing others out" and "total disregard for others") is telling, and suggests that you aren't really being very objective here. It could just as easily be argued that line nazis such as yourself have a total disregard for someone like my widowed single mother friend whom I mentioned earlier. I would argue that, as rude and disrespectful as you'd think her joining me in line later is, that it is far more so to ignore her current lot in life.

Offline Belisama

• Global Moderator
  • Original of the Species
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2017, 10:53:47 AM »
Mod reminder-- Let's keep it civil here folks.  OK?

Fan reminder-- the rule with both venues and line runners (the fans who start the process) is that if you are not currently present you don't get your number or wrist ban.  This is deemed fair for all parties.  The difference between GA and seats is that your seat is reserved. For GA it is first come first serve and for credit card entry, all of your party has to be present at the same time.  That is made clear when you purchase your ticket.  Your option is to either wait to line up, or to purchase seats. 

Offline dublinireland

• Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 01:27:35 PM »

apples and oranges

that's pretty funny.
Your choice of words (i.e., "squeezing others out" and "total disregard for others") is telling, and suggests that you aren't really being very objective here. It could just as easily be argued that line nazis such as yourself have a total disregard for someone like my widowed single mother friend whom I mentioned earlier. I would argue that, as rude and disrespectful as you'd think her joining me in line later is, that it is far more so to ignore her current lot in life.

I'm not a "line nazi." Interesting choice of words there. And I don't have disregard for anyone, that is my entire point. Everyone should be polite, courteous, and fair. People that cut have disregard for everyone else and is, as you say, rude and disrespectful. And everyone has problems, not just your friend. A lot of people are worse off. How do you know you aren't cutting in front of someone that has cancer and it took a lot out of them to get there early and wait their turn? No one is entitled. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 01:35:31 PM by dublinireland »