Author Topic: U2 Set to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Next Week  (Read 8560 times)

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
Re: U2 Set to Appear on Jimmy Kimmel Next Week
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2017, 12:03:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I believe they are the only guest so a full hour with the band

Yup, there are no other guests listed. Interestingly enough, if people were in LA on Tuesday they could've gotten free tickets.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 12:05:10 PM »
I was just watching Jimmy Kimmel tonight and he announced that U2 will be on his show next week in celebration of the 30th anniversary of The Joshua Tree. He didn't mention what day they would be on specifically, but it sounds like he'll be interviewing them and they'll be performing, too.

Yep, ill be there!

That's awesome. Most intimate setting you could hope to meet the band in this summer.

Take pics if you can. Since you're gonna be in NYC at Kimmel's studio anyway, come a few hours early and look for the crowd of U2 fans waiting for the band to arrive to Kimmel studios.

The last time the band appeared on some talk show (~2009) to promote the 360 tour, fans who waited at the studio (was it Letterman or Leno or someone else) got to meet the band. I'm remembering snowy pics of Adam in his grey jacket.

So it films Tuesday (23 May), when does it air?

Same day of filming, 11:35pm EST Tuesday night.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2017, 03:36:47 PM »
I was just watching Jimmy Kimmel tonight and he announced that U2 will be on his show next week in celebration of the 30th anniversary of The Joshua Tree. He didn't mention what day they would be on specifically, but it sounds like he'll be interviewing them and they'll be performing, too.

Yep, ill be there!

That's awesome. Most intimate setting you could hope to meet the band in this summer.

Take pics if you can. Since you're gonna be in NYC at Kimmel's studio anyway, come a few hours early and look for the crowd of U2 fans waiting for the band to arrive to Kimmel studios.

The last time the band appeared on some talk show (~2009) to promote the 360 tour, fans who waited at the studio (was it Letterman or Leno or someone else) got to meet the band. I'm remembering snowy pics of Adam in his grey jacket.

Dude...that's cool. Slightly envious!!! Have a blast!

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Sitting at Larry's drum kit inside Sun Studio
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2017, 06:47:28 PM »

Yep, ill be there!

Slightly? :)

monopoly

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2017, 12:42:12 AM »

Yep, ill be there!

Slightly? :)

Should have clarified lol, I'm just going to stop by an hour or two before the show. Might catch the guys. Sadly I got declined for tickets. Yes it films tomorrow

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Sitting at Larry's drum kit inside Sun Studio
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2017, 05:27:09 AM »
Good luck!~!

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2017, 12:14:12 PM »
They're just going to advertise the tour and the boxset and they'll play a few JT songs. The fact that they're going on a talk show for a 30 year old product is actually kind of sad, but I'll be tuning in.

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2017, 03:43:11 PM »
We will see if Bono says anything about Manchester. Wonder if monopoly got there in time to see the band enter Kimmel's studios.

Can't wait for this to appear on youtube! (no way to watch kimmel live at 11.35pm online, is there?)

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2017, 04:01:45 PM »
I'm glad I have a pvr to record it, no way I can stay up to watch it.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2017, 04:57:42 PM »
It's past my bedtime...

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2017, 05:32:54 PM »
They're just going to advertise the tour and the boxset and they'll play a few JT songs. The fact that they're going on a talk show for a 30 year old product is actually kind of sad, but I'll be tuning in.

Why is it sad?  I look at it as a testament to the album and U2 in general.  What other act take up the entire show?  Jimmy Kimmel is also a big fan of the band as well, so I am sure that has something to do with it as well.  He was one of the few people that questioned why people were losing their minds about the whole SOI and I-tunes.  Anyways, not sure why it is sad to you, I think it is great that U2 appears on such shows and that the studios devote the entire show to them.

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2017, 05:39:02 PM »
I thought it was Fallon that was a big U2 fan. So is Conan (sadly conan's show can't pull U2 now). Nice to hear Kimmel is a fan too. Pretty excited for this, just to see them all dolled up and chatting (even if they'll probably cover heavy topics like Manchester and Bono recites his song lyrics about "no end to grief so no end to love" "I see humans but no humanity" etc).

Offline YouGoOn

• Babyface
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2017, 05:53:05 PM »
Fallon is the biggest fan of whatever guest is in front of him.

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2017, 06:08:45 PM »

lol.  It does seem like that. I know he is a genuine U2 fan, but yeah, he does lay on pretty thick on whoever is in front of him or in the interviewee chair.

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2017, 06:13:14 PM »

lol.  It does seem like that. I know he is a genuine U2 fan, but yeah, he does lay on pretty thick on whoever is in front of him or in the interviewee chair.

Lmao! Yeah, Fallon is a ham. So I'm kinda glad it's Kimmel. I'll take any TV appearance they have.

A whole 40 minutes (after you exclude commercials). Might we have 3 band songs? 1 couch acoustic? Some stilted questions like "best tour moment so far" etc? Who will make it anti-T political? Kimmel or Bono?

Back on Conan, Bono had a segment alone to talk about his activism (Africa). Don't think that will happen on Kimmel tonight.