Author Topic: Hello from Indiana, PA  (Read 292 times)

Offline mcnabb5

• Babyface
Hello from Indiana, PA
« on: May 20, 2017, 08:13:29 AM »
It's funny how after all this time following this site and others, I finally discovered the @u2 forum. My brother and I have been diehards since 1981 when we first saw the lads on MTV(in its infancy!) doing "I Will Follow" from a club in Belfast, I believe. First show was The Unforgettable Fire in Pittsburgh, 1985. We discovered the joy of the GA line at Pittsburgh's 360 show. But the personal U2 highlight came during the IE tour. We were at MSG #1. Got to see Bono outside before the show. During soundcheck, Dallas gave the guitar pick to my 16 year old nephew, Tyler, who was at the absolute front of the house. We were 10 feet back on the rail. During COBL, Bono pulled my nephew onstage and hung out for a few minutes with Tyler while he sang. It was unbelievable. Looking forward to the Joshua Tree in Pittsburgh and Cleveland in a few weeks. I hope to meet a few of you all at those shows!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: Hello from Indiana, PA
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 08:58:57 AM »
Welcome to the forum...it's a great place to hang out. Enjoy those east coast shows!!!

Offline mcnabb5

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 09:09:08 AM »
Thanks so much! U2 hangouts are great. I plan on having a great time those nights. You always end up making new friends during those GA line times.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 04:18:53 PM »
That's a crazy story, mcnabb! Welcome to the forum.

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 07:54:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum! What a cool story abt your nephew! 8)
(I'm in Pittsburgh area, so will be at Pitt & Clev shows, too)

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 09:54:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum! I'm from the Pittsburgh area too and I'll be and the Pittsburgh and Cleveland shows too.

Offline mcnabb5

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 04:40:11 AM »
Thanks for reaching out, I appreciate that. I will be going to Cleveland as well. Indiana isn't all that far from the Burgh. We will be around the North Shore on Tuesday afternoon for the duration so it would be very cool to get together.