Author Topic: Hello from Jersey!  (Read 450 times)

Offline aimee714

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Hello from Jersey!
« on: May 21, 2017, 11:33:46 PM »
Hey Everyone!

I've been a fan of U2 for about 15 years now. I first got into them when All That You Can't Leave Behind came out and became a solid fan after listening to Joshua Tree. I saw them live for the first time during the Vertigo tour. (Another fond memory - I got to review How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb for my high school newspaper that year.)

I had the good fortune of seeing Bono and the Edge at ONE's 10 Year anniversary concert at Carnegie Hall in 2015, which made me realize that I couldn't let so much time go by between seeing them live again. I'm planning to get a ticket to see U2's show on July 29 at MetLife. They'll be here celebrating the 30th anniversary of Joshua Tree a few weeks before my 30th birthday, which is pretty perfect timing to me.

I went on my own to see U2 during the Vertigo tour (at the old arena) but would love to meet some fellow fans there this time around!

It's nice to be here. :)

-Aimee

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: Hello from Jersey!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 05:10:36 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Aimee.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:28:33 AM »
Welcome! You got into U2 on ATYCLB then listened to JT and AB? That's like getting into French cuisine by tasting french fries, then discovering Coquiel Saint Jacques and Canard Roti :-)

Offline aimee714

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 12:50:16 AM »
Ha! I like the analogy, codeguy. ;)

ATYCLB was the album that was out when I was in my early teens and getting into rock music. (Then I educated myself and bought JT and the Rattle and Hum VHS...) i was a solid fan for years before AB came out. (City of Blinding Lights is still my fave song to date.)

I still think ATYCLB has some wonderful songs - Walk On is one of those trademark yearning/searching songs, In a Little While is lovely, sexy, simple and philosophical all at once, and of course the hopeful spirit of Beautiful Day and the energy of Elevation. (I think Elevation was the most high-power song of the night between the band and the crowd when I saw them at MetLife. It was like a punk rock birth.)