Author Topic: *spoiler* Tribute to Women during Ultraviolet  (Read 3391 times)

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
Re: *spoiler* Tribute to Women during Ultraviolet
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2017, 11:46:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Now that women continue to be publicly attacked for their faces and their "bleeding", I appreciate U2's shout out to women more than ever.  Misogyny has never been so prevalent and blatant that I can remember, so their message is appreciated by many.
Of course, I'm all for gender equality and I think that it's great U2 are supportive of it as well...but you actually believe that "misogyny has never been so prevalent and blatant"?

Most feminists of today, 3rd wave, have nothing to fight for but just keep being activists because it's more dramatic than working like everyone else.
Exactly. This new wave of feminism has absolutely no relevance in our America today. They'll keep inventing new terms that give themselves a pass to promote inequality (like "manspreading" or "mansplaining"). It certainly doesn't help that these borderline-radicals have a refuge on the internet through blatantly ignorant liberalist-sites like Buzzfeed.

Again, before I'm attacked for having different views, I definitely consider myself to be a feminist. I do not think that there is much progression that needs to be done here in the U.S., however, so I don't associate myself with this new feminist wave. There is plenty more work to be done in other places around the world... the Middle-East as a whole, for example.

But to claim that "misogyny has never been so prevalent and blatant" is ridiculous.

Exactly, women of the first world thinking that they still are the top of the victim hierarchy is laughable.

I was working for a company two years ago, and in work counsel. I thought it could not be true, but the company payed women less, for the same job and same skills. So why is this to laugh at? I am not on a mission here. Do not wanna be annoying, i'm just telling ya what happened. We were a group of sensible people and wanted to adress it. It's ignored, because that's easy and cheap.
On the other hand, there are in some professions women who are more succesfull than any guy. I get that too. But these women are well trained and skilled and have good contacts.
Thing is, I doubt this kind of mistreatment is as widespread as advertised. The wage gap does not account for STEM jobs (men do hold the majority of jobs in the category), how more women choose to work part-time than men, etc.

It is ignorant to assume that it doesn't happen, but the issue is certainly not as widespread as it is made out to be.

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • http://www.u2gigs.com/myshows/31519
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2017, 12:06:11 PM »
Now that women continue to be publicly attacked for their faces and their "bleeding", I appreciate U2's shout out to women more than ever.  Misogyny has never been so prevalent and blatant that I can remember, so their message is appreciated by many.
Of course, I'm all for gender equality and I think that it's great U2 are supportive of it as well...but you actually believe that "misogyny has never been so prevalent and blatant"?

Most feminists of today, 3rd wave, have nothing to fight for but just keep being activists because it's more dramatic than working like everyone else.
Exactly. This new wave of feminism has absolutely no relevance in our America today. They'll keep inventing new terms that give themselves a pass to promote inequality (like "manspreading" or "mansplaining"). It certainly doesn't help that these borderline-radicals have a refuge on the internet through blatantly ignorant liberalist-sites like Buzzfeed.

Again, before I'm attacked for having different views, I definitely consider myself to be a feminist. I do not think that there is much progression that needs to be done here in the U.S., however, so I don't associate myself with this new feminist wave. There is plenty more work to be done in other places around the world... the Middle-East as a whole, for example.

But to claim that "misogyny has never been so prevalent and blatant" is ridiculous.

Exactly, women of the first world thinking that they still are the top of the victim hierarchy is laughable.

I was working for a company two years ago, and in work counsel. I thought it could not be true, but the company payed women less, for the same job and same skills. So why is this to laugh at? I am not on a mission here. Do not wanna be annoying, i'm just telling ya what happened. We were a group of sensible people and wanted to adress it. It's ignored, because that's easy and cheap.
On the other hand, there are in some professions women who are more succesfull than any guy. I get that too. But these women are well trained and skilled and have good contacts.
Thing is, I doubt this kind of mistreatment is as widespread as advertised. The wage gap does not account for STEM jobs (men do hold the majority of jobs in the category), how more women choose to work part-time than men, etc.

It is ignorant to assume that it doesn't happen, but the issue is certainly not as widespread as it is made out to be.

If men do make more than much of the income gets passed on to dependents such as wives and kids. The wage gap doesn't account for that.

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • http://www.u2gigs.com/myshows/31519
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2017, 08:53:30 PM »

Can you name me a single woman who has claimed that women of the first world are top of the victim hierarchy and have it worse than women in the middle east?  Otherwise this is just a bigoted and misogynistic statement because it's based on ingrained prejudice, not on any facts at all. 

You have proven that it is impossible to speak about women without being labelled a mysoginist.