Author Topic: GA and the "Unofficial List"  (Read 10644 times)

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
Re: GA and the "Unofficial List"
« Reply #285 on: August 03, 2017, 01:45:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I believe the question was why did I line up for 8 hours with red zone tickets? The answer... because even the red zone had list makers and by the time I arrived around noon I was #14! At noon!

I remwmber the good ol days over 30 years ago when I paid $12.50 for a ticket and didn't have to deal with this nonsense

I'm sorry ... Is there really that much of a difference between arriving for RZ at noon and arriving at 5 pm that it justifies roasting in the sun all afternoon? Honest question.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #286 on: August 03, 2017, 01:47:56 PM »
I am seriously thinking about red zone next tour. What are the chances they will play Manchester arena next year rather than just the o2? Won't be joining any list. I will get there when I feel like it  and if there are 100 people physically there in front so be it.

If they use the same setup for the next tour as they did for I+E, RZ would be a huge waste of money. If it is a different setup or a stadium (it won't be) tour, then I say go for it. But do NOT waste your money on RZ for a I+E setup. I got to a show at 5:30 p.m. with GA and was four deep on Edge's side, so close that Bono's water landed on me.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #287 on: August 03, 2017, 11:55:06 PM »
I am seriously thinking about red zone next tour. What are the chances they will play Manchester arena next year rather than just the o2? Won't be joining any list. I will get there when I feel like it  and if there are 100 people physically there in front so be it.

If they use the same setup for the next tour as they did for I+E, RZ would be a huge waste of money. If it is a different setup or a stadium (it won't be) tour, then I say go for it. But do NOT waste your money on RZ for a I+E setup. I got to a show at 5:30 p.m. with GA and was four deep on Edge's side, so close that Bono's water landed on me.

I had my back to the RZ rail on the I&E tour, but don't remember in the layout if there was an area that went against the main (not catwalk) stage. I am guessing by your reply there was not! Did they show the RZ set up to the stage on the I&E tour before the tickets went on sale? I don't remember.

Offline Kim

• Babyface
« Reply #288 on: August 04, 2017, 05:57:46 AM »

There was a line for red zone in Brussels as well. Some lady, who calls herself "the biggest U2 fan", started a list at 6 in the morning. When we arrived in the afternoon there was an argument about that list. A guy who was waiting since 8 wasn't on the list because that woman went into town for hours. That guy told us that the first 20 names on the list were friends of the lady who started the list and weren't actually there to put their names on the list. I think it's a shame that people do that. She was verbally very strong and everyone followed her instructions. She said "if you don't cooperate you will be last in line". For red zone it was no need to use a list. Every one who showed up before Noel's act, had a good place.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #289 on: August 04, 2017, 11:30:39 AM »

There was a line for red zone in Brussels as well. Some lady, who calls herself "the biggest U2 fan", started a list at 6 in the morning. When we arrived in the afternoon there was an argument about that list. A guy who was waiting since 8 wasn't on the list because that woman went into town for hours. That guy told us that the first 20 names on the list were friends of the lady who started the list and weren't actually there to put their names on the list. I think it's a shame that people do that. She was verbally very strong and everyone followed her instructions. She said "if you don't cooperate you will be last in line". For red zone it was no need to use a list. Every one who showed up before Noel's act, had a good place.

I agree there doesn't need to be a list for RZ really, especially from people who think they are u2's biggest fan. I would ony follow official rules, not someone who has put themselves in charge.

Offline julez728

• Babyface
« Reply #290 on: August 16, 2017, 02:17:20 PM »
The unofficial line is already being discussed for Indy and someone has already designated themselves line leader...an admin on the Indy concert FB page.  Sounds like it might start Friday morning Sept 8th...show is on Sept 10th.   ::)

Offline Ginapier@msn.com

• Babyface
« Reply #291 on: August 17, 2017, 09:32:45 PM »
The unofficial line is already being discussed for Indy and someone has already designated themselves line leader...an admin on the Indy concert FB page.  Sounds like it might start Friday morning Sept 8th...show is on Sept 10th.   ::)

Ridiculous