Author Topic: GA and the "Unofficial List"  (Read 19706 times)

Offline chiso

• Stateless
Re: GA and the "Unofficial List"
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2017, 10:08:17 PM »
So, is this happening in NJ/MetLife Stadium, too?

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2017, 11:07:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yes, unfortunately the list started yesterday.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2017, 11:12:23 PM »
From twitter, yesterday:

"NJ1 GA is at Hilton Inn Meadowlands at 2 Meadowlands Plaza, East Rutherford.  Lot A on left in back of car port"

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2017, 06:28:29 AM »

Call the venue and give them a head's up. Don't let this BS stand!

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2017, 07:26:29 AM »
Got to remember, most venues don't care anywhere near as much as the people going...

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2017, 08:36:09 AM »
Correct...and that's how the line runners take control.

The security staff barely know who U2 are, and have been told that U2 fans will begin descending on the property 1 to 2 days ahead of the show.

The security team is there to keep them orderly and such, not to control lines.
Most of the venue staff that deals with fans lining up is oblivious to how all of this should work...so someone shows up says..." hey I got this, we do it 2-3 times a week"...Security guy says..."sounds good to me".
It's a brilliant plan, but no, it's not fair to all GA fans.

Offline chiso

• Stateless
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2017, 11:39:35 AM »

That's insane. Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll have to rock some headphones while refusing to give up my earned place in line.

Offline afg

• Wanderer
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2017, 11:49:48 AM »
I agree that this GA line stuff is out of hand.  However, unless you want to be on the rail it is not necessary to get there early in the day.  I walked onto the floor in Foxboro at 5:15 and was 6 rows back at the top of the tree stage.  By the time U2 was on stage I was 4th row.

Offline chiso

• Stateless
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2017, 12:00:27 PM »
I agree that this GA line stuff is out of hand.  However, unless you want to be on the rail it is not necessary to get there early in the day.  I walked onto the floor in Foxboro at 5:15 and was 6 rows back at the top of the tree stage.  By the time U2 was on stage I was 4th row.
Thanks a lot. That's reassuring. I'm going with my sister, and just wanna have a good time, enjoy the show I've been waiting for my whole life (Joshua Tree tour in a stadium), from a decent spot that doesn't have to be rail.

Even so, I'm planning to get there at ~2pm, and I'm gonna lose it if people start asking me to move back.

Offline U2Fan

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2017, 04:17:05 PM »
Thanks a lot. That's reassuring. I'm going with my sister, and just wanna have a good time, enjoy the show I've been waiting for my whole life (Joshua Tree tour in a stadium), from a decent spot that doesn't have to be rail.

Even so, I'm planning to get there at ~2pm, and I'm gonna lose it if people start asking me to move back.

Hold your ground!  There are way more of us than them!  If I could leave work early I would just to get in their faces. 

Offline chiso

• Stateless
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2017, 07:10:00 PM »

Hold your ground!  There are way more of us than them!  If I could leave work early I would just to get in their faces. 

Thanks! I plan on standing my ground, wearing headphones while standing in line trying not to lose my mind, a la Gary Oldman in "León the Professional"

Offline shesarainbow

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • With a guitar ... on fire.
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2017, 02:52:29 AM »
For those going to Cleveland the OFFICIAL GA line starts at 8am when the venue hands out wristbands. That's the only list that counts in my book!

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2017, 07:33:26 AM »
I don't have issue with Vertigo OR Elevation. I get the point of them. But they serve the same purpose. Play one if you must. Never play them both, and for God's sake, not back to back. Personally, I prefer Vertigo. I've always thought it was a stronger song. But, if they want to get the crowd going, Elevation gets the bigger response.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2017, 03:22:12 PM »
If the line leaders want a rail so bad, they technically don't even need to line up. They can walk in and get a rail spot at the veerrrryyyy end of the stage. ;)

monopoly

« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2017, 03:28:04 PM »
If the line leaders want a rail so bad, they technically don't even need to line up. They can walk in and get a rail spot at the veerrrryyyy end of the stage. ;)

Do any of the band ever go there?