Author Topic: The new Joshua Tree Mixes  (Read 4103 times)

Offline Izzy

• Numb
Re: The new Joshua Tree Mixes
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2017, 09:34:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I like the new WOWY and One Tree Hill mixes and I've grown used to the new RHMT mix, but that's all that really impresses me. The Streets mix is terrible.

It's different, maybe that's what I like. Murky and confusing at times. The vocal track is incredible.

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2017, 11:32:09 PM »
Definitely digging the Lanois mixes the most. Which isn't surprising considering he co-produced TJT and has a lot of emotional investment in the album.

Flood was there too, but his new mix is disappointing.

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Staring at the Sun
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2017, 01:31:04 AM »
I like the new WOWY and One Tree Hill mixes and I've grown used to the new RHMT mix, but that's all that really impresses me. The Streets mix is terrible.

It's different, maybe that's what I like. Murky and confusing at times. The vocal track is incredible.

I agree on Streets. It's very different, and the difference showcases the alternate lyrics.

Offline MEMORY_MAN

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I must follow the path to the endless road...
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2017, 05:04:43 AM »
I love Lanois' mixes the best.  I wish he were producing SOE.  Flood's Streets mix is just so weird.  Why does it quickly fade in mid song.  Sloppy...  I dig some of the atmospherics but that fade is unforgivable.  Lillywhite's ISHFWILF mix is interesting as it showcases some of the underlying rhythmic elements.  I think the OTH and BTBS remixes are interesting as well but I am glad I didn't purchase this.  Of course the b-sides we already had are brilliant.

I love the live tracks.  Much better than the Paris concert in many ways.  This is where this set shines. 

I too wish we would have gotten some good early Kindergarten type mixes as well. 

Side note: Hope we get some more good quality ZooTv shows in the future from early in the tour.  The show I saw in early '92 in Tacoma was amazing.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 05:08:42 AM by MEMORY_MAN »

Offline mdewater

• Stateless
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2017, 08:46:33 AM »
^^Agreed about the MSG live set. Great concert. Now for the 35th anniversary or something I hope they release a full live album from Tempe AZ that they used in the Rattle and Hum film.

I was mostly disappointed in all the remixes. I had been looking forward to them, as I *loved* Lanois' new mix of A Sort of Homecoming from the TUF remaster, but these were mostly super boring.

Offline Perico

• Stateless
  • Wanderer
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2017, 08:58:29 AM »
Streets remix is kinda messy but I love how the the different lyrics sound. The fade by the end is cool, I definitely imagine it being used as soundtrack for some sports event ad. I also noticed that by 3:30 you can hear a part of WOWY in the background, strange.

Offline zeeTV

• Numb
  • But I can change the world in me... REJOICE
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2017, 02:57:14 AM »
YAS, love the new mixes, love love love WOWY seems very fresh, Bullet is what is would be if they released this song in 2017... OTH was beautiful, Silver and gold w/ Keith richards is fire .. Bonos vocals yassss

Question - Beautiful Ghost/Intro to songs of experience ... I don't get it ? I initially thought It would like a new song off SOE... or is a demo? Highly Confused

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2017, 05:39:07 AM »
Lillywhite's mix of Still haven't found is ok...Eno's "reprise" mix of OTH is weird. 2 mins or so and it's over.

Beautiful ghost is a JT sessions leftover.

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2017, 03:27:44 PM »
YAS, love the new mixes, love love love WOWY seems very fresh, Bullet is what is would be if they released this song in 2017... OTH was beautiful, Silver and gold w/ Keith richards is fire .. Bonos vocals yassss

Question - Beautiful Ghost/Intro to songs of experience ... I don't get it ? I initially thought It would like a new song off SOE... or is a demo? Highly Confused
Beautiful Ghost is from 2004, or so. It's just a poem of William Blake

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2017, 10:05:45 AM »
Doesn't sound too promising.  My only debate is the pretty box and book.  Otherwise, maybe I'll just download the new mixes and maybe the live disc, and call it done.

Offline U21978man

• Babyface
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2017, 11:39:59 AM »
Doesn't sound too promising.  My only debate is the pretty box and book.  Otherwise, maybe I'll just download the new mixes and maybe the live disc, and call it done.
I like the remixes and B-sides !!! But why would anyone would want incomplete 1987 MSG show ????

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2017, 11:57:53 AM »
I like the remixes and B-sides !!! But why would anyone would want incomplete 1987 MSG show ????

I agree with you--though of course, I'd already had the b-sides.  (Twice, in fact.  Three times, in some cases!)

The show is really pretty good--it's just a bummer they cut out arguably the most interesting tracks.

Offline Pouakai

• Stateless
  • I went walking, down that old eight-lane
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2017, 12:58:26 PM »
Regardless of whether or not it's complete, the mixing is among the best I've heard for a live show, it's absolutely insane

Offline Daniel94

• Refugee
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2017, 02:13:48 PM »
Regardless of whether or not it's complete, the mixing is among the best I've heard for a live show, it's absolutely insane

Yea seriously, it sounds fantastic.

Offline timeisatrain

• Babyface
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
U2 need Lanois and Eno to make great music again.