Author Topic: Japanese 2017 album reissues in SHM-CD format  (Read 2603 times)

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Staring at the Sun
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
Re: Japanese 2017 album reissues in SHM-CD format
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 12:20:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Are any of these audio remasters?

According to this article (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login):

"The releases in the set are the 2008-2011 remastered versions of the album if they were done on these pressings. Otherwise the master is the same as had been used to last release the CDs in 2008 in Japan."

In other words, I interpret that to mean that Boy, October, War, TUF, TJT, AB, & Zooropa are the 2008-2011 remasters, whereas everything else uses the album's original master. 

Edited to add: see also this article: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Just to clarify, Achtung Baby and Zooropa were not remastered. Edge said they didn't need it. So if you're getting these, they're the original 1991 and 1993 masters. That said, Zooropa is on its way. If it's good, Pop, ATYCLB, and Rattle & Hum will follow. I want non-jewelcase sleeves for these CDs so much.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 12:22:38 AM by ian ryan »

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Staring at the Sun
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2017, 07:39:52 PM »
I got my Zooropa reissue today and it is sweet. It doesn't have a proper CD booklet in it, but the sleeve and the packaging are very faithful to the original issue. I'll be getting Pop and ATYLCB next.

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »
If you've listened to any of them that you've received can you comment on sound quality and if you notice a difference. Thanks.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2017, 02:02:27 PM »
If you've listened to any of them that you've received can you comment on sound quality and if you notice a difference. Thanks.

No difference.