Author Topic: Brand New! U Talkin U2 to me?  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: Brand New! U Talkin U2 to me?
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2017, 10:58:57 AM »
Finally got around to listening to this.  Good stuff--I do delight in their nonsense.  The lack of U2 knowledge and bad taste/wrong opinions are funny, too.  I mean, if you think they should have skipped Exit on this tour, I'm just not sure what to say.  But I'm used to these guys being woefully incorrect and having some sadly banal opinions on the band and their favorite stuff.  C+.  Great ep!

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: Brand New! U Talkin U2 to me?
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2017, 11:05:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think if you're complaining that they only talk about U2 for a small portion of the podcast, then it isn't for you. As a U2 fan who also happens to love the humor of "Scott & Scott!", I find the U2 portions of the podcast the least interesting. If anything, it's because they don't really have much knowledge about the band, they just love the music. Case in point: I think during this podcast they were saying that either Exit or MOTD had never been played live before (my memory is hazy on this point), which a majority of people on the boards know is not true. Or arguing over what song started side 2 of JT, neither was really sure. But that doesn't bother me, I'm not listening for their expertise. I'm listening because I laugh my a@@ off while driving in the car.

Basically, if you're looking to hear a real discussion on the band like what occurs on the @U2 podcast, this ain't your place. But if you are looking forward to hearing another episode of Wooing Rhonda Rousey.......

The choice of song clips they use for each "episode" is one of my favorite parts of the show.  When Blur's "Song 2" started up for Wooing Rhonda Rousey, I lost it.  "Woo-hoo!!"