Author Topic: Indianapolis City/Venue Details  (Read 757 times)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Indianapolis City/Venue Details
« on: June 06, 2017, 02:08:20 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
Re: Indianapolis City/Venue Details
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 06:24:13 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Lucas Oil Stadium U2 seating map:
coming soon

Lucas Oil Stadium parking page:
coming soon

Lucas Oil U2 event page:
coming soon

@U2 Tours event page:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

U2.com event page:

Lucas Oil Stadium on Google Maps:

Offline Techie_

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 06:27:47 PM »
This may be a little early but what time can we start lining up? Anyone been to a concert at Lucas Oil recently?

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 07:07:27 PM »
Usually venues say morning of. Usually "line" (actually a list) starts near the venue 2-3 days before.

Offline Techie_

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 05:44:09 AM »
Yes, I've heard of his and the nightmare that it creates. However, the venue does not need to honor the fan made list. Is this correct?

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 06:21:36 AM »
Yes, I've heard of his and the nightmare that it creates. However, the venue does not need to honor the fan made list. Is this correct?

It doesn't have to, but the majority of them have, even after saying they won't. My understanding is, Boston kind of did  of did and kind of didn't, and Cleveland I think didn't but there were only maybe 25 people who showed up at the venue ahead of the "unofficial" line. I think they were processed first, but it might have been because it was such a small group? The unofficial line gets pretty adamant about their "rights" and I think it's just easier for the venue to give in.

Offline Techie_

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 10:50:44 AM »

It doesn't have to, but the majority of them have, even after saying they won't. My understanding is, Boston kind of did  of did and kind of didn't, and Cleveland I think didn't but there were only maybe 25 people who showed up at the venue ahead of the "unofficial" line. I think they were processed first, but it might have been because it was such a small group? The unofficial line gets pretty adamant about their "rights" and I think it's just easier for the venue to give in.

Am I able to show up ahead of the unofficial line so I don't have to deal with being berated by so called line-leaders? Or will this cause even more issues?

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 12:48:51 PM »

Am I able to show up ahead of the unofficial line so I don't have to deal with being berated by so called line-leaders? Or will this cause even more issues?

I mean you can try, but honestly? Unless you absolutely HAVE to have one certain rail spot, I wouldn't bother worrying about lining up. I know tons of people who have shown up mid to late afternoon and get great spots. Some even still get rail. So it's really a huge drama for nothing, in my opinion. And no offense meant, but  Indianapolis may not be that crowded (I see GAs are still available on Ticketmaster), which may make it even more mellow of a GA and less reason to worry about the line.

Offline Techie_

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 01:35:20 PM »

I mean you can try, but honestly? Unless you absolutely HAVE to have one certain rail spot, I wouldn't bother worrying about lining up. I know tons of people who have shown up mid to late afternoon and get great spots. Some even still get rail. So it's really a huge drama for nothing, in my opinion. And no offense meant, but  Indianapolis may not be that crowded (I see GAs are still available on Ticketmaster), which may make it even more mellow of a GA and less reason to worry about the line.

Hah, no offense taken! It's my first GA experience and I want to make sure I do everything correctly. Thanks for your help!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 02:36:23 PM »

Hah, no offense taken! It's my first GA experience and I want to make sure I do everything correctly. Thanks for your help!

You will love it! And maybe you want to to the unofficial line, I know good purple who do that too. Whatever you decide, have a great time!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 02:41:04 PM »
And I am going to KC, GA tickets are still on Ticketmaster for that, too.  Which I see as a good thing, I like a little elbow room!

Offline Dedjeloc

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »
We are going to line up in the afternoon I think (my wife may change my mind) ;)
I want to avoid the line police if we can.

Midwest trek for us Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Kansas City.  This will be the only GA show so I am sure the excitement will get us in the end.

Offline Techie_

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 01:16:35 PM »
Just called, Lucas Oil... they have no information on GA policies yet, I'll call again when the second NA leg starts.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 12:18:44 PM »
Considering a last minute trip to Indy for Sunday's show. However, the only tickets on TM are through their "verified resale" site (they have nosebleeders for $35, which I'm totally fine with as I'm not worried about being up close this time).  I'm a bit gun shy as I was completely burned with resale Chicago tickets. Has anyone bought tickets through the TM resale site?

Offline markinnl

• Refugee
  • A woman needs a man like Edge needs a handicam
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 07:53:09 PM »
I think I was looking at same $35 nosebleeds. TM has them marked as obstructed view. Anybody know if that would be the case?  Is it enough to affect the enjoyment of show?
Thanks in advance.