Author Topic: Kansas City/Venue Details  (Read 535 times)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Kansas City/Venue Details
« on: June 06, 2017, 02:09:21 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline aviastar

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
Re: Kansas City/Venue Details
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 02:39:19 PM »
Guys I live in KC.  Anything you want to know, I can help.

If you are coming in from of town, I can give the 4-1-1 on places to check out (Plaza, Westport, Power and Light District, etc.), hotels, getting to Arrowhead, etc.  I am going to see what our local U2 tribute band (Rattle and Hum) is up to.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:41:08 PM by aviastar »

Offline tbsup

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 04:51:08 PM »
How do I get in on the KC presale?  New member

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Administrator
  • Running to Stand Still
  • Deserve's got nothin' to do with it
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 06:26:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How do I get in on the KC presale?  New member
Check u2.com for the details on this.

Offline trumpy

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 08:53:15 PM »
Just a note for out-of-towners, the football stadium and baseball stadium are in the same lot and there will be a ball game during the day. It is pretty far out at this time, but I am not sure what they'll do about people arriving for the concert and not the game. Parking is usually $20.

Offline aviastar

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 06:29:20 AM »
Just a note for out-of-towners, the football stadium and baseball stadium are in the same lot and there will be a ball game during the day. It is pretty far out at this time, but I am not sure what they'll do about people arriving for the concert and not the game. Parking is usually $20.

With the Royals fading fast, not sure what the attendance for a Tuesday day game in Sept. will be.  I think I might try and do a two-for...we are almost back in $1 Royals ticket territory.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 07:07:11 AM »
I'm not from KC, but the guys in my family like going down there for games. There are some hotels right across from the sports complex, and they stayed at the Drury Inn and walked to the stadium. No hassle with parking, decent hotel, free breakfast, no penalty to cancel up to noon that day. I just booked a 2 queen bed room for $230 plus tax, I think if I had booked it first thing when shows were announced it would've been more like $170, but they gotta make a living too, I suppose.

Offline trumpy

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 10:08:43 AM »

With the Royals fading fast, not sure what the attendance for a Tuesday day game in Sept. will be.  I think I might try and do a two-for...we are almost back in $1 Royals ticket territory.

Yea, by Sept, The Royals will probably be out of contention and most of the current roster will be traded. BUT, it might make for a fun day, get to the stadium early, go to a game with cheap tickets, leave around the fourth inning and get in line for GA at Arrowhead.

Offline aviastar

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 01:16:48 PM »
I live here in KC and have been to the Arrowhead/Koffman venue many times, in fact I was just there 3 times last week to watch my Detroit Tigers.
They organize and control everything very, very well. Easy to get in and out. No traffic jams or anything like that.
Be careful when getting back on the highway. The sheriff's office is right there off the highway and they pull over like crazy after big events.
Parking is $15.
Temperatures should be great.
Odd, though, that they'll be at Arrowhead on Tuesday, not Wednesday. The Royals have a game that night, but play an early afternoon game on Wednesday. I wonder if they'll get shuffled around a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCStar indicated they are pushing the Tuesday Royals game to a day game.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 05:37:54 AM »
I think the baseball game has beeen rescheduled to 12:15. I'm hoping for good luck gettting a couple GAs in general sale tomorrow. There was a presale for Chiefs season ticket holders and Jackson County residents (I assume their taxes help pay for the stadium) but this from the Kansas City Star makes me feel a little more hopeful: "Presale floor seats are only available through the official U2 fan club at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login." Crossing fingers!

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 06:31:23 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Arrowhead Stadium U2 seating map:
coming soon

Arrowhead Stadium parking page:

Arrowhead Stadium U2 event page:

@U2 Tours event page:

U2.com event page:

Arrowhead Stadium on Google Maps:

Offline brupars

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 06:14:16 PM »
I'm not from KC, but the guys in my family like going down there for games. There are some hotels right across from the sports complex, and they stayed at the Drury Inn and walked to the stadium. No hassle with parking, decent hotel, free breakfast, no penalty to cancel up to noon that day. I just booked a 2 queen bed room for $230 plus tax, I think if I had booked it first thing when shows were announced it would've been more like $170, but they gotta make a living too, I suppose.
Actually, it was $130 at the Drury. I booked the Adam's Mark for $118 when it was announced.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 06:17:59 PM »
Actually, it was $130 at the Drury. I booked the Adam's Mark for $118 when it was announced.

Thanks. I feel a whole lot better now. :)

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 06:28:17 PM »
I'll just eat $100 worth of waffles at breakfast.

Offline brupars

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 10:30:48 PM »
I'll just eat $100 worth of waffles at breakfast.
That's the spirit! The GA tickets are cheap, so  we've got a little cushion in the our budget. You're saving on parking at the stadium too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk