Author Topic: For 3rd leg North America, which cities will have "hot demand"?  (Read 2541 times)

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
Re: For 3rd leg North America, which cities will have "hot demand"?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 07:40:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just did a quick check. Original tickets are sold out. The resale market is certainly strong though. Tickets that were initially $290 are on the 'verified resale' at $1808 ea. Unbelievable! Nosebleeds and far back going for $165-well over $300 plus. Scalpers are gross. There really needs to be a solution for this.

Are you talking about the Mpls show? There are plenty of $165 standard price tickets available right now on Ticketmaster.  Gotta love that Ticketmaster interface!

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2017, 09:15:27 PM »
I just did a quick check. Original tickets are sold out. The resale market is certainly strong though. Tickets that were initially $290 are on the 'verified resale' at $1808 ea. Unbelievable! Nosebleeds and far back going for $165-well over $300 plus. Scalpers are gross. There really needs to be a solution for this.

Are you talking about the Mpls show? There are plenty of $165 standard price tickets available right now on Ticketmaster.  Gotta love that Ticketmaster interface!

I honestly do not think it is just the interface.   Here is a local news story.  I do have a bit of a problem with them saying hey- "join the club" on the news though.  That breeds a whole new monster, and can tell from tickets in Chicago that scalpers got into  the presale too.

Offline oktobergirl

• Babyface
St. Louis is on a Saturday night one of the few true weekend shows. People will travel for this show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline care510

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2017, 06:54:12 PM »
There are still GA tickets on sale for Detroit. I picked up two today.  Available Indy tickets were all resale tickets.

Offline julez728

• Babyface
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 07:39:57 AM »
There are still GA tickets on sale for Detroit. I picked up two today.  Available Indy tickets were all resale tickets.

There are some face value tickets left for Indy including GA per Ticketmaster.

Offline markinnl

• Stateless
  • You know what it is but you still want some
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2017, 02:56:16 PM »
Atlanta Mercedes-Benz Stadium has an opening day of August 26, 2017

as an architecture nerd, I really would like u2 to play there just to check it, awesome stadium with huge screen, cool retractable roof too

Offline bjkrober

• Babyface
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2017, 08:24:31 AM »
As of yesterday, there are LOTS of tickets still available for all of the American 3rd leg shows.  (most still have GA avail) Scads of empty seats & the band's boredom/ fatigue of playing basically the same show for the previous 3 months could mean we'll be getting some "mail in" type of shows.  I hope not, but it looks like it's going this way.  If they'd shake up the setlist, maybe some of the folks that went to leg 1 will pony up the $$ to see it again....

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The storms will pass
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2017, 08:27:15 AM »
As of yesterday, there are LOTS of tickets still available for all of the American 3rd leg shows.  (most still have GA avail) Scads of empty seats & the band's boredom/ fatigue of playing basically the same show for the previous 3 months could mean we'll be getting some "mail in" type of shows.  I hope not, but it looks like it's going this way.  If they'd shake up the setlist, maybe some of the folks that went to leg 1 will pony up the $$ to see it again....
I've been concerned about this, too. It also worries me that...if the 3rd leg shows don't sell well, will the band skip those cities on the SOE tour?

Offline aviastar

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2017, 09:11:25 AM »
I've been concerned about this, too. It also worries me that...if the 3rd leg shows don't sell well, will the band skip those cities on the SOE tour?

I imagine the SOE tour is going to be major US markets only - multiple arena shows at the same venues like I+E (Staples or Forum, United Center, MSG, etc...).  I could be wrong on that one, but that's kinda how I figured they would do it after this more extended stadium tour.  Good news for you though is they did Phoenix on that tour.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 09:14:26 AM by aviastar »

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The storms will pass
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2017, 10:52:34 AM »

I imagine the SOE tour is going to be major US markets only - multiple arena shows at the same venues like I+E (Staples or Forum, United Center, MSG, etc...).  I could be wrong on that one, but that's kinda how I figured they would do it after this more extended stadium tour.  Good news for you though is they did Phoenix on that tour.
Thanks...that made me feel a little better! Sorry for all the cities that get skipped, though.

Offline aviastar

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2017, 11:44:46 AM »
They are playing at the football stadium in Glendale, AZ this tour, correct?  I wonder if they'd play the hockey or the basketball arena next time - it seems strange that the Coyotes and Suns don't play in the same place.

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The storms will pass
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2017, 01:33:17 PM »
They are playing at the football stadium in Glendale, AZ this tour, correct?  I wonder if they'd play the hockey or the basketball arena next time - it seems strange that the Coyotes and Suns don't play in the same place.
Yes, this tour is at the football stadium. They played in the US Airways Center (basketball) for the SOI shows..which was just WONDERFUL!

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2017, 05:33:00 AM »

I honestly do not think it is just the interface.   Here is a local news story.  I do have a bit of a problem with them saying hey- "join the club" on the news though.  That breeds a whole new monster, and can tell from tickets in Chicago that scalpers got into  the presale too.
Such a crock of sh**e!   
The fact that no one has to disclose number of seats available...
The fact that it's "cheaper" to buy one ticket vs two or more...
The fact that joining a fan club guarantees nothing...
All this gets my blood boiling
( plus, that was a horribly written article)
Sorry...still trying to let go my fake ticket Chicago experience...guess I'm still bitter.

Offline cocamojoe

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2017, 01:53:36 AM »

Such a crock of sh**e!   
The fact that no one has to disclose number of seats available...
The fact that it's "cheaper" to buy one ticket vs two or more...
The fact that joining a fan club guarantees nothing...
All this gets my blood boiling
( plus, that was a horribly written article)
Sorry...still trying to let go my fake ticket Chicago experience...guess I'm still bitter.

Ummmm, mathematically speaking, is it not wholly rational for 1 ticket to be cheaper than 2 or more?!?!

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2017, 07:35:39 PM »
Yes. I understand the obvious 😀
What I understood the article to be saying is some "verified resale sites" charge more for multiple seats which are together than the same number of seats in different rows/sections.