Author Topic: For 3rd leg North America, which cities will have "hot demand"?  (Read 2558 times)

Offline podiumboy

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: For 3rd leg North America, which cities will have "hot demand"?
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2017, 09:29:11 AM »
Regarding the new stadium in Atlanta, Coldplay were to be the first concert there.  If you look at their schedule, they play Miami on August 28th, and then have a few weeks off after that.  They were going to play the new stadium sometime in that timeframe.  U2 were trying to get the stadium for the same timeframe as the Phoenix show.  The Phoenix show was only added after the Atlanta show fell through.  Neither Coldplay or U2 are playing Atlanta on their current tour.  Kinda surprised Coldplay didn't pick a different stadium, or at least do 2 shows in the Philips Arena instead. 

Garth Brooks will be the first concert there, on October 12th.  My guess is that a deal was struck with Garth to be the first concert, and that was the agreed upon date, so Coldplay and U2 were shut out.  I would also guess that Atlanta will get 2 arena shows next year for the SOE tour, a much better deal in my mind.