Author Topic: How do you feel about u2 doing no fan interaction this tour  (Read 1965 times)

Offline podiumboy

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: How do you feel about u2 doing no fan interaction this tour
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 03:03:27 PM »
I don't really mind if a fan gets up onstage and strums an acoustic guitar with the band.  I'm a guitar player, and I would love to do that, but I am not dedicated enough to wait in line all day with a sign to be in the front row.  MAYBE when the I&E Tour comes back around (or E&I?  Will there be another tour?  Will there be another album?). 

When I saw the IE tour in Chicago (July 2nd, night 5), Bono pulled up a girl to do the stupid meerkat thing.  She was a very attractive young girl, maybe 20, and it just looked really weird having her dance around a bunch of men in their mid 50s.  I could certainly do without that part.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2017, 05:09:08 PM »
I&E wasn't fan interaction. It was a plug for meerkat which is part owned by Oseary.

I thought that bit of I&E really missed the mark in what was otherwise a pretty solid show.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2017, 05:24:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I&E wasn't fan interaction. It was a plug for meerkat which is part owned by Oseary.

I thought that bit of I&E really missed the mark in what was otherwise a pretty solid show.

I didn't know that about Oseary being part-owner.  I thought it was bad on multiple levels (why are we encouraging fans to use their stupid devices/app at a show?  why would anyway want to see a bunch of TRL-type texts during a show?), but that makes it even worse.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2017, 05:43:16 PM »
Oseary and Ashton Kutcher had a large stake in meerkat...

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2017, 06:29:18 PM »
Oseary and Ashton Kutcher had a large stake in meerkat...

Another flop from Oseary. I wonder what paul thinks of him

Offline julez728

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2017, 08:08:08 AM »
I don't mind them pulling someone up on stage if it's more of a spontaneous thing.

Funny thing is that the show I was in GA (Chicago night 4), no one was pulled up onto the stage to do Meerkat.

Offline johnny8248

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2017, 07:48:32 PM »
Definitely thankful for no fan interaction this time around.  I+E had a wealth of painful fan moments.  Would much rather watch and listen to the band.

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 09:40:58 AM »
I appreciate some fan interaction, but groups of fans just deflate the song, in my opinion. Two of the most memorable fan interactions for me:
On the Boston dvd, during WOWY, that girl did an EXCELLENT job...I don't think I would have been so, uh, in control of myself in that situation!  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The other would be this, because it looked like the band were having SO much fun:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ok, one more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If all interaction was this enjoyable, it would be cool. But, most are NOT.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 09:43:58 AM by riffraff »

Offline oktobergirl

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 05:12:23 AM »
I'm glad they aren't doing it. Before social media it was alright but it's gotten out of hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2017, 05:37:58 AM »
I appreciate some fan interaction, but groups of fans just deflate the song, in my opinion. Two of the most memorable fan interactions for me:
On the Boston dvd, during WOWY, that girl did an EXCELLENT job...I don't think I would have been so, uh, in control of myself in that situation!  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The other would be this, because it looked like the band were having SO much fun:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ok, one more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If all interaction was this enjoyable, it would be cool. But, most are NOT.
Yeah, some of it is okay. But i like spontaneous reactions. Other wise it's so calculated.

Offline cocamojoe

• Refugee
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 11:24:54 AM »
Welp, that ended in Louisville last night. And, I'm still waiting for reliable video, but it seems to have been a girl who had already been on stage at least twice before (most recently, the I&E Paris DVD).

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »
Welp, that ended in Louisville last night. And, I'm still waiting for reliable video, but it seems to have been a girl who had already been on stage at least twice before (most recently, the I&E Paris DVD).
isn't that annoying? If I even went up I'd never try again.  But to be real that's not my thing and I'd probally not try

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2017, 02:51:39 PM »
isn't that annoying? If I even went up I'd never try again.  But to be real that's not my thing and I'd probally not try

Maybe it was planned for good publicity

Offline cocamojoe

• Refugee
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2017, 10:27:26 PM »

I only saw one or two pics, but was it not this girl? visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:29:58 PM by cocamojoe »

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 12:16:12 AM »

I only saw one or two pics, but was it not this girl? visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yes it was... her 3rd time