Author Topic: How do you feel about u2 doing no fan interaction this tour  (Read 3064 times)

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: How do you feel about u2 doing no fan interaction this tour
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 03:04:16 AM »
Yeah Brigitte her name is. She was on stage in Paris at I&E the first night I went. Serial stage girl.

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 05:22:22 AM »
I'm happy for her...but how fair is that to the other fans that would like to be up there?

Offline jenniferh aka jen

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2017, 01:51:41 PM »
I hope that was a one time thing. It's been great not having to see people competing to get his attention so they can be up on stage.

BTW, Brigitte is planning on attending all US and Europe shows. That's what she told people in Chicago.

Offline riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2017, 02:03:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I hope that was a one time thing. It's been great not having to see people competing to get his attention so they can be up on stage.

BTW, Brigitte is planning on attending all US and Europe shows. That's what she told people in Chicago.
Wow...must be great to be able to do that!

Offline Kim

• Babyface
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2017, 02:49:33 PM »
How is it possible to buy so many tickets? I was trying to buy for 2 cities in Europe, but even in presale I wasn't able to buy for both cities. The first city went well. 15 minutes to complete. But the second city was a disaster. I tried a couple of times during presale and during the regular sale. But no luck... long waiting queues and a lot of technical problems.

Offline monopoly

• Numb
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2017, 03:33:17 PM »
How is it possible to buy so many tickets? I was trying to buy for 2 cities in Europe, but even in presale I wasn't able to buy for both cities. The first city went well. 15 minutes to complete. But the second city was a disaster. I tried a couple of times during presale and during the regular sale. But no luck... long waiting queues and a lot of technical problems.

Multiple computers, servers, IP address blockers. I'm sure she has multiple cards and probably family/friends focus on different dates when they go on sale. It's not just her traveling to every single date, it's a whole group- the groups who control the GA line.

Wish I had the money and free time. Getting GA tickets to one concert is hard enough.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 03:35:00 PM by monopoly »

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2017, 04:23:14 PM »
Apparently she's quite wealthy and probably bought some tickets on the secondary market too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2017, 04:50:13 PM »
I love U2 but I don't think I'd want to see every show unless I was an employee of the band.  I have other stuff in life I want to do.

Offline Kim

• Babyface
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2017, 10:10:07 PM »
I love U2 but I don't think I'd want to see every show unless I was an employee of the band.  I have other stuff in life I want to do.

I have the same opinion.

"The groups who control the ga lines" that sounds really freaky. I didn't even know that it was an actual group. Always thought it was a spontaneous thing. But that explains why the same people are in the front rows and pulled on stage. They probably don't wait in line. But have friends in the group who hold their spot.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2017, 03:25:10 PM »
Some of the crowd interaction bits from the last tour were rather cringe-worthy.  Having "PantiBliss" on stage just seemed awkward to me.

Offline Spaderholic

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2017, 05:56:44 PM »
My goodness, some fans go to every single night of a tour?!! Isn't that a little obsessive, regardless of whether they can afford it or not?! Surely they must get bored of the show after a while, even if they're your favourite band? I'd hate to make myself sick or blasé over something I love! Too much of a good thing, and all that! Not to mention having my favourite band think I'm some kind of loon, turning up at every gig and always being at the front!!!

Offline cocamojoe

• Refugee
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2017, 06:17:26 PM »
Some of the crowd interaction bits from the last tour were rather cringe-worthy.  Having "PantiBliss" on stage just seemed awkward to me.
Who?!

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 06:36:16 PM »
It was a transgender person who appeared on stage, apparently to make a point.

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 07:35:13 PM »
It was a transgender person who appeared on stage, apparently to make a point.

In Dublin, to celebrate Ireland finally recognizing LGBTQ

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2017, 04:29:00 AM »
My goodness, some fans go to every single night of a tour?!! Isn't that a little obsessive, regardless of whether they can afford it or not?! Surely they must get bored of the show after a while, even if they're your favourite band? I'd hate to make myself sick or blasé over something I love! Too much of a good thing, and all that! Not to mention having my favourite band think I'm some kind of loon, turning up at every gig and always being at the front!!!
I suspect the band are also sick of seeing the same fans in the front row every show.