Author Topic: The Adam Appreciation Thread  (Read 370845 times)

daveyg

Re: The Adam Appreciation Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 02:15:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have Zoo TV Sydney and Rattle & Hum...but I also really want Under A Blood Red Sky DVD (I have the cd), Popmart Mexico City, and Slane from Elevation tour to really have different DVDs for different era of U2.

Actually compare Adam on Zoo TV to UABRS - a lot more static on Zoo TV.

Offline may2

• Wanderer
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 04:24:36 AM »
Planners don't appreciate his plans for You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Good picture.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 04:57:50 AM by may2 »

daveyg

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 04:28:06 AM »
cool..... I must pay a visit to a friend of mine who's a teacher in the school beside Adam's house and try sneek a look or get more info on it!

Offline spanner

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 05:23:38 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

this is me with adam outside hanover quay one very cold november day around the time they were recording the htdaab album.we stood outside for ages but adam was the only one who came out .he looked like a professor more than a rock star.a genuine nice guy . he signed some stuff and let us take some photos .

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 05:50:43 AM »
Nice to meet you spanner!  :)

Offline spanner

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 06:05:08 AM »
Nice to meet you spanner!  :)
hi nice to meet you startfish :).thought id lost that photo .

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Touch me...take me to that other place..
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 07:21:11 AM »
Nice photo spanner.......thanks for sharing!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 10:31:14 AM »
Beautiful photo spanner (both of you!).  Thank you for posting. It is always nice to hear from fans' own experiences that our U2ers are indeed sweethearts!

daveyg

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2008, 06:23:55 AM »
I was up there last Sat - was gonna say it must have been a while ago (then read it round the HTDAB era) - the walls are now wal to wall U2 grafitti!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2008, 07:30:45 AM »
Cool. Brings back memories! I have to get back there again!

Offline Allison

• Babyface
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2008, 08:21:05 PM »
Adam is just a cool dude. He strikes me as someone who you could have some pretty interesting conversations with. I am a bit biased. I love bass players in general. I can remember actually getting in a fight with my best friend at a concert a few years back because she had the audacity to criticize the bass player. The bass, is what gives the music the texture and depth. PS. All the band members are old enough to be my dad but whatever. They are still hot!

Offline may2

• Wanderer
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2008, 04:50:48 AM »
He's still trying to renovate.  It says he wants to renovate his wine cellar and put in a wine tasting area.  Does he You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginthat?

daveyg

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2008, 05:34:20 AM »
He's still trying to renovate.  It says he wants to renovate his wine cellar and put in a wine tasting area.  Does he You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginthat?

As Adam is off the drink, and as I don't live a million miles away from where he lives, I will offer to do his wine tasting for him. It'll be a struggle, but the things i'll do to help this guy out!

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2008, 08:33:31 AM »

As Adam is off the drink, and as I don't live a million miles away from where he lives, I will offer to do his wine tasting for him. It'll be a struggle, but the things i'll do to help this guy out!

I think you should do that! You should make some kind of job out of it!

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2008, 05:11:29 PM »
Adam is just a cool dude. He strikes me as someone who you could have some pretty interesting conversations with. I am a bit biased. I love bass players in general. I can remember actually getting in a fight with my best friend at a concert a few years back because she had the audacity to criticize the bass player. The bass, is what gives the music the texture and depth. PS. All the band members are old enough to be my dad but whatever. They are still hot!

Totally agreed! Bassists are completely awesome... Quite influential with the sound of the band. They're cool people with a very cool instrument! And yep, I'm completely biased as well... Since I am a bassist...  ;)