Author Topic: The Adam Appreciation Thread  (Read 577877 times)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: The Adam Appreciation Thread
« Reply #8700 on: May 14, 2017, 04:39:12 PM »
Yes, he does have a great smile, and seems to love the fans, or at least seems to enjoy performing for them. Wonderful stage presence.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #8701 on: May 14, 2017, 05:10:21 PM »
My impression of Adam is that he is very grateful for his life/work and also very humble.  He also really seems to enjoy life on his own terms.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #8702 on: May 14, 2017, 08:48:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Girls, check out this high quality video of Adam signing outside Vancouver stadium... at 1.30am!

He looked great, I wondered if the lady beside him was his wife Mariana, but probably not. The lady was probably U2 staff (not security as she looked too skinny). Also, Adam's usual bodyguard (the tall guy) was there. Anyone know the tall guy bodyguard's name?

I think she's one of the personal assistants, but could be a bodyguard. You never know if she's a badass! . It's definitely not the wife.

Bodyguards name is Jerry and I'm betting money he's ex-military.

Thanks! Her being a personal assistant makes sense. Maybe if anyone gave Adam an gifts, she would carry it.

I would have to watch again to hear Jerry's voice. Wonder if he's Irish/European (like Brian Murphy) or if Jerry is American!

He has a soft Irish or British accent. Quiet guy, but very watchful.

« Reply #8703 on: May 14, 2017, 08:49:41 PM »
So this happened backstage tonight....

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

“Adam explains the size of the U2 stage whilst Gavin and me are stunned by his really unique kimono.”

- Anton Corbijn's Instagram

Offline skelter

• Running to Stand Still
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #8704 on: May 14, 2017, 09:04:05 PM »

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

“Adam explains the size of the U2 stage whilst Gavin and me are stunned by his really unique kimono.”

In Seattle? Thanks jen! Finally I can go to sleep and start the damn work week happy and in peace! That broad smile!!

« Reply #8705 on: May 14, 2017, 09:19:35 PM »

In Seattle? Thanks jen! Finally I can go to sleep and start the damn work week happy and in peace! That broad smile!!

Backstage Seattle!

Offline Rik

• Babyface
« Reply #8706 on: May 17, 2017, 02:17:27 AM »
I noticed Adam using pedals during the intro of Streets. Never saw him doing that before, or has he always been doing that? For me at least this is new...

« Reply #8707 on: May 17, 2017, 08:41:25 PM »
I noticed Adam using pedals during the intro of Streets. Never saw him doing that before, or has he always been doing that? For me at least this is new...

I think it is new

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #8708 on: May 18, 2017, 05:15:53 AM »

I think it is new

Our baby is growing up!

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #8709 on: May 18, 2017, 10:38:10 AM »

I think it is new

Our baby is growing up!
fast!

Offline mrsamrocks2

• Numb
« Reply #8710 on: May 18, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »
He played pedals during the Joshua tree tour and Zoo TV.

« Reply #8711 on: May 28, 2017, 11:46:54 PM »

In case you missed it, Adam and Larry stopped at Whataburger after the Houston show.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #8712 on: May 29, 2017, 12:34:34 AM »
Just passing through The Band section as I tend to do once in a blue moon...

And I just wanted to say that this is the only place on the internet where I would have ever discovered that Adam has rock hard abs! This has truly been an enlightening experience.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #8713 on: May 29, 2017, 05:14:37 AM »
Just passing through The Band section as I tend to do once in a blue moon...

And I just wanted to say that this is the only place on the internet where I would have ever discovered that Adam has rock hard abs! This has truly been an enlightening experience.
It's nice to see one of our male friends stopping by one of "the band" threads...you could learn a lot here, but most men are afraid...seriously afraid of this area of the forum. I think it may be a case of severe jealousy! You are a brave lad! ::)

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #8714 on: May 29, 2017, 08:20:45 AM »

In case you missed it, Adam and Larry stopped at Whataburger after the Houston show.

I'm loving Kimono Adam!  I've just done some work for a multi-national Japanese firm and have had the real pleasure of sitting next to some Japanese people whilst I worked there.  I know Adam has been off to Japan earlier in the year having seen Instagram pics and he really got into the culture there.  I'm well impressed with him (and this is coming from a Bono woman!).