Author Topic: Discussion- vertigo tour  (Read 1241 times)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: Discussion- vertigo tour
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 05:13:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I loved this tour.  Very exciting when they scanned your ticket to see if you got into the ellipse.  Fortunately I got in and they let my entire party of four in which was a surprise.  Ended up first row directly in front of The Edge.  Still one of the best days of my life.
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2017, 06:04:42 PM »
I loved this tour.  Very exciting when they scanned your ticket to see if you got into the ellipse.  Fortunately I got in and they let my entire party of four in which was a surprise.  Ended up first row directly in front of The Edge.  Still one of the best days of my life.
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and how could I forget....Bono waved at me!

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • welp, looks like I'm not making it to 10k posts
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 06:15:33 PM »
When people refer to past tours, I've noticed they often skip this one. Nor is it really discussed when people discuss rarities and u2s best moments. I did not see this tour in person.

Was it a bad tour? I thought rarities like LIB and An Cath Dub would make it one of the best. What are your thoughts on this era/tour?

Whatever one may have thought of the album they were touring behind, they were never better as a unit than they were on that tour.

Yeah, the setlists weren't as good as they were on Elevation, but none of their other tours had setlists as good as Elevation's, either, so there.
     :P

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2017, 06:45:55 PM »
I really liked Vertigo. Saw it 12 times, better than Elevation which I thought was weaker.