Author Topic: Let's be honest about U2's set list this tour  (Read 6710 times)

Offline MPare1966

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Trying to throw my arms around the world.
Re: Let's be honest about U2's set list this tour
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2017, 01:38:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
    Wow, just got back from Cleveland.  It was a tremendous show.  The JT isn't even my favorite album, but the power and intensity of hearing these songs in the order they were originally presented is undeniable.  The crowd was massive and most of the people danced all night long.  If you've been telling yourself that you don't want to go because this is a "nostalgia" tour or whatever, I would suggest you reconsider. Especially for those of us who lived through the JT era, re-hearing this music is a "come full circle" kind of experience.  The black and whitemvisual effects from Anton Corbin really enhance the JT songs as well.
    Also, I decided to go for a Bono autograph and was almost successful.  I saw him from four feet away signing autographs but couldn't get close enough to have him sign my album cover due to the crunch of larger individuals in front of me.  Just seeing him at close range was very special though.
    I'm still feeling like I have a post-concert high from the experience.  Bono and the boys certainly know how to create a special evening that won't soon be forgotten.
Very cool that you got to see Bono up close...it's a special feeling isn't it? Glad you enjoyed the show. They do aim to please!

Just found this on YouTube: the Cleveland show filmed by a fan, and it's of good quality.