Author Topic: Breaking: Infinite Dates Added To Joshua Tree Tour  (Read 3835 times)

Offline This Dave

• Numb
Breaking: Infinite Dates Added To Joshua Tree Tour
« on: June 19, 2017, 10:40:31 AM »
Dublin-

U2 have announced the addition of infinite dates to the Joshua Tree Tour, LiveNation confirmed on Monday. "The band realized they just couldn't miss Waco, Baton Rouge, Manaus, Tegucigalpa, Windhoek, Ulan Bator, Coober Pedy, Yellowknife, Graz, Kumasi, Poughkeepsie, Hobart, Ubud, Lima, Orkney, Sundsvall, Qom, Hyderabad, and Reverse Singapore", said a spokesperson.  "These are just some of the infinite upcoming dates they have scheduled." Meanwhile, in an interview with Rolling Stone, Bono has confirmed that Songs of Experience will be released last week. "I actually had to spray Edge with a fire extinguisher on multiple occasions during the recording of this album. It was extraordinary", said the U2 front man. "But that's what happens when you're a band from the North Side Of Dublin who came out of punk rock."  Bono added that he is "hitting notes I couldn't reach in 1985. I think we are going to perform Lemon without falsetto pretty soon."

Despite the band's insistence that Songs of Experience has already been released, many fans say they are unable to find it anywhere, and have not heard it. These claims were dismissed by many on the band's biggest fan forum, who flatly stated that those people are "haters" who should "be happy that the band is still out there making outrageous claims".
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:10:07 AM by This Dave »

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: Breaking: Infinite Dates Added To Joshua Tree Tour
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 11:31:31 AM »
Fiendish wit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 01:28:43 PM »
I hope that Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch in Anglesey, Wales is included on the tour ;D :P.  I'm sure they can make a quick stop on the way back home, for it is en route to Dublin via the ferry from North Wales.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 01:59:36 PM »
And yet they're still not playing Atlanta.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:36:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I hope that Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch in Anglesey, Wales is included on the tour ;D :P.  I'm sure they can make a quick stop on the way back home, for it is en route to Dublin via the ferry from North Wales.

And of course an informal gig on the ferry too

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 04:16:12 PM »
They've also just announced they'll be playing to an audience of 50,000 penguins by Shackleton's old Cape Royds hut in the Antarctic! :)

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 10:51:03 AM »
They've also just announced they'll be playing to an audience of 50,000 penguins by Shackleton's old Cape Royds hut in the Antarctic! :)

Hey, Metallica did it...

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 11:17:10 AM »
Funny!  I've heard rumors of this tour being extended through 2021.  Then they can switch gears to JT2022 to mark the 35th anniversary of the album. 

I jest!  Looking forward to seeing this tour in September.  Please keep "Bad" on the setlist, boys!!!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 09:45:08 PM »
Joshua's songs of experience. If they don't play Tuktoyaktuk, NWT, Canada I'll be personally pi**ed. And yes Metallica played there.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 09:46:59 PM »
To quote Edge 'I was inspired by the infinite sustain at the beginning of WOWY and the 2016 election of course.

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 01:20:11 PM »
If SOE really was finished before TJT tour started, it must surely be hard for U2 to sit on it for so long.

Firstly because they must believe it is good & want people to hear it.  Secondly because they may come up with new ideas  for new songs or how to improve finished songs.

After TJT tour is finished, I've a feeling Edge may sneek back into the studio. Followed by Bono & co.

Offline This Dave

• Numb
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 07:37:23 PM »
If SOE really was finished before TJT tour started, it must surely be hard for U2 to sit on it for so long.

Firstly because they must believe it is good & want people to hear it.  Secondly because they may come up with new ideas  for new songs or how to improve finished songs.

After TJT tour is finished, I've a feeling Edge may sneek back into the studio. Followed by Bono & co.

This is why I don't think it matters that Adam said it's done.  Their albums are never done until they are released. They basically brag about this fact. 

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 10:13:09 AM »

This is why I don't think it matters that Adam said it's done.  Their albums are never done until they are released. They basically brag about this fact. 

Yep.  It truly doesn't matter what he said.  They'll evaluate and release the album whenever they feel like it.

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 11:34:13 AM »
Adam saying it's done is not much help to the fans. Who would prefer to actually hear it.

The TJT tour sold out & was extended. However there was no demand for it beforehand. Older fans who saw TJT tour in 1987 don't really want to try to re live that moment. And can't. Younger fans who missed it in 1987 were not desparate to hear a 30 year album.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 02:41:29 PM »
I saw it twice in '87 and will see it twice this go around, and I'm thrilled about it.