Author Topic: Breaking: Infinite Dates Added To Joshua Tree Tour  (Read 3686 times)

Offline This Dave

• Numb
Re: Breaking: Infinite Dates Added To Joshua Tree Tour
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2017, 11:31:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Almost ready for us to go back in the studio and talk about all of the new ideas that just had to be on this album, spend two more years on it, and release a first single that's basically vertigo with more 'yeah yeah'".

Or the record, I hope I'm proven very wrong.
One thing I've noticed is that the music that is going to win over this community, or at least a respectable portion of it, is music that probably isn't going to win over the masses, and I think U2 would rather win over the masses. I don't think that makes them sell-outs unless they have a preference for something more experimental, but they don't strike me as a band who would forgo their preferences in the name of selling more records. Some people really just want to make popular music. I see no harm in that if that's their genuine intention.

I remember Jon once saying, in response to the notion of playing small, intimate venues, that he'd rather play the desert and sell it out (more than once). If that's his vision, rock on, I say! If I were a rock star, I'd want that as well.

I can say that at least for me, if U2 pumps out another song that rocks like Vertigo, I may have to further update my top ten, because Vertigo truly is "the mother of all rock songs" in my eyes.

Or you end up with Get On Your Boots

Offline hollywoodswag

• Wanderer
Re: Breaking: Infinite Dates Added To Joshua Tree Tour
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 06:06:14 AM »
I said another song that rocks like Vertigo. GOYB may be a rock song , but not like Vertigo.  ;) GOYB has grown on me, but not enough for me to put it up there with Vertigo, which is not only a top-ten U2 song for me, but probably one of my top ten songs, period.

I worried someone might bring that up, though. LOL