Author Topic: Adam Clayton update on SOE  (Read 5006 times)

Offline CJ

• Babyface
Re: Adam Clayton update on SOE
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2017, 01:20:20 AM »
Maybe they will release SOE ahead of the South America dates so they both get JT and SOE on one tour.  Been 6 six years since they last played South America so could be possible!

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2017, 01:33:24 AM »
I doubt that the record company will let U2 release SOE while still touring TJT.

The record company will want U2 to give SOE their undivided attention in promoting it. With TV shows, interviews & videos. They will also want the SOE tour to be at the appropriate time to ensure maximum sales of the album.

If U2 believe in SOE they will want the same things. Rather than releasing it while touring another album which is 30 years old.

Offline zoo adam

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2017, 01:38:35 AM »
TJT tour is promotong TJT, even though it is 30 years old. New deluxe editions are being released, a new version of RHMT was released & U2 are generally reminding people of TJT's greatness.

They will then focus exclusivley on SOE at 'some time in the next 27 years'. 

Offline aussieu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2017, 07:50:39 AM »
how long can the tour possibly go for?
doesn't the whole '30 year anniversary' thing expire at the end of the year?

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • http://www.u2gigs.com/myshows/31519
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2017, 08:00:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It's showbiz, facts don't matter.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2017, 09:03:58 AM »

Is anyone saying they're going to continue TJT30 tour next year?  I thought this wraps up in October.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2017, 09:08:59 AM »
Face it folks, SOE will not be released until late 2018. JT tour will go to Australia/NZ in winter, then christmas/new year break. They won't want to go straight back on the road, so even if the album is finished, they will take a few months off, then release in September/October and experience tour in 2019....

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2017, 11:14:04 AM »
Face it folks, SOE will not be released until late 2018. JT tour will go to Australia/NZ in winter, then christmas/new year break. They won't want to go straight back on the road, so even if the album is finished, they will take a few months off, then release in September/October and experience tour in 2019....

22nd October is the last date of the tour - confirmed on atU2.  So anyone's guess when SOE will eventually be released.  In time for Christmas, I hope.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2017, 12:32:56 PM »

22nd October is the last date of the tour - confirmed on atU2.  So anyone's guess when SOE will eventually be released.  In time for Christmas, I hope.

right this is why i think therell be a single by early nov. with SOE being a christmas release.

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2017, 03:03:52 PM »
Soooo no Europe future dates for JT30, or going to Australia /N. Zealand ?

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2017, 03:11:02 PM »
I remember feeling certain that SOE would be out by Spring 2016.

Boy, I was wrong.

Offline satori-t

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2017, 05:30:00 PM »
I know less about U2 than most here, so I might be way off the mark...

Is it possible they are quietly terrified about getting the album right, so are trying a million things and agonizing over details? Finding the right sound... picking the right themes... timing it right... appealing to the global climate at the right time.

I remember Bono said (during the Vertigo tour IIRC) "three strikes and you're out". As in, he believed if you release three less-than-great records in a row, you're done as a band. Until now, they've always followed-up a disappointing release with a great release. But now, here they are following the commercially-underwhelming NLOTH and the commercially-backlashed SOI. Being rockstars is all most of these boys have known, and if they think this release is their last chance to stay relevant, that's a whole lot of pressure. It would be easy to go around in circles with perfectionist analysis.

Although... at the same time I get the feeling they are trying less hard than ever. So I don't know what I think.

Offline connorfin22

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2017, 05:40:19 PM »
I know less about U2 than most here, so I might be way off the mark...

Is it possible they are quietly terrified about getting the album right, so are trying a million things and agonizing over details? Finding the right sound... picking the right themes... timing it right... appealing to the global climate at the right time.

I remember Bono said (during the Vertigo tour IIRC) "three strikes and you're out". As in, he believed if you release three less-than-great records in a row, you're done as a band. Until now, they've always followed-up a disappointing release with a great release. But now, here they are following the commercially-underwhelming NLOTH and the commercially-backlashed SOI. Being rockstars is all most of these boys have known, and if they think this release is their last chance to stay relevant, that's a whole lot of pressure. It would be easy to go around in circles with perfectionist analysis.

Although... at the same time I get the feeling they are trying less hard than ever. So I don't know what I think.

Could be that. The last 2 records could be considered strikes. And U2 are a very very picky band.

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2017, 07:23:31 PM »
Again, this album is not happening.  This is Rick Rubin, Songs of Ascent, "3 albums worth of material", "Dance album", and "Screaming from the rooftops of Jimmy Fallon - we're delaying the album" all over again.  Since 2006.  Timecheck = 2017.  Also, it's no longer 1991 or 2000 for that matter. 2-0-1-7.

It's the most passive aggressive way of breaking up with someone, and/or an ex "thinking they still have feelings".

If they release it next year, or even at all, I'll eat ten hot dogs.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:27:31 PM by achtung child »

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2017, 07:31:34 PM »
Again, this album is not happening. ...
If they release it next year, or even at all, I'll eat ten hot dogs.

I've taken a screenshot of this and I hope the mods sticky it to the top of the forum!  :P

Will you eat ten hotdogs at once, or over the course of ten days? It's the little things that give you away.